HTML Stylesheet problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daniel, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    I'm trying to set up a stylesheet for a set of pages (photo album I'm doing
    for my sister) so that way I won't have to keep inputting the same info for
    each page. I'm having problems trying to get the boarder colors of tables
    to show up properly. I've been doing this so far using Front Page 2000. I
    can't get the "boardercolorlight" and "boardercolordark" colors to be
    displayed as desired.

    Here is an example of what I've got.

    { table-border-color-light: rgb(255,204,102); table-border-color-dark:
    rgb(160,0,160); background-color: #A0D0FF; border-style:
    ridge;
    border-width: 6; padding: 9 }

    If I remove the "border-style: ridge" then I get no boarder. I've tried
    using both "rgb" & the hex# for the boarder-color-light & dark but neither
    has any effects. With that current info, the boarder-color-light shows up
    as white, while the dark shows up as light gray.

    It's been a while since I've done this last, so I've forgotten what is going
    wrong here. I'd like to use just normal border style, the ridge looks as
    close to normal as I can get, but something else isn't working.
    Daniel, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Daniel

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:20:57 -0500, Daniel wrote:

    >I'm trying to set up a stylesheet for a set of pages (photo album I'm doing
    >for my sister) so that way I won't have to keep inputting the same info for

    <snip>

    >Here is an example of what I've got.
    >
    >{ table-border-color-light: rgb(255,204,102); table-border-color-dark:
    > rgb(160,0,160); background-color: #A0D0FF; border-style:
    >ridge;
    > border-width: 6; padding: 9 }

    Is it really table- ?
    <snip>

    Do you have a URL for this? It's easier then trying to setup an example
    and see exactly what is going on.

    First thing
    {table-border- ..... )

    The correct syntax is
    selector { property: value; }
    I am assuming you meant

    table { ....}

    border-width 6, what units?
    padding 9, what units?

    HTML validator
    http://validator.w3.org/
    CSS Validator
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    CSS documentation
    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
    CSS Tutorials
    http://www.w3schools.com/
    Lots of examples www.google.com

    Is it also a case that the properties are MSIE only, so that limits the
    browsers it's visible in. MS CSS stuff
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/css/reference/attributes.asp

    light/dark example
    http://www.dotcomjunkies.com/members/h/HTML_Helper/tables.shtml#tab11