HTML "stop" command?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Watcher of the Skies, Sep 28, 2003.

  1. I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if there
    is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page when it is
    encountered.

    The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
    banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this
    by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:

    <!-- text below generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE -->
    </noscript>
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript"
    src="http://uk.geocities.com/js_source/ygIELib9.js?v3">
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript">var
    yviContents='http://uk.toto.geo.yahoo.com/toto?s=382106082&l=NE&b=1&t=106476
    0443';yviR='uk';yfiEA(0);
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript"
    src="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mc/mc.js">
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript" src="http://geocities.com/js_source/geov2.js">
    </script>
    <script language="javascript">geovisit();
    </script>
    <noscript>

    Since I am unable to remove it as the comment suggests, I would like to
    prevent the page from being read to the end by inserting some script at the
    end of the page I upload before Yahoo adds its bit.

    Any ideas anyone?

    TIA
    Watcher of the Skies, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Watcher of the Skies

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Watcher of the Skies said:

    > I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if there
    > is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page when it is
    > encountered.
    >
    > The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
    > banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this
    > by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:
    >
    > <!-- text below generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE -->
    > </noscript>
    > </script>
    > <script language="JavaScript"
    > src="http://uk.geocities.com/js_source/ygIELib9.js?v3">
    > </script>
    > <script language="JavaScript">var
    > yviContents='http://uk.toto.geo.yahoo.com/toto?s=382106082&l=NE&b=1&t=106476
    > 0443';yviR='uk';yfiEA(0);
    > </script>
    > <script language="JavaScript"
    > src="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mc/mc.js">
    > </script>
    > <script language="JavaScript" src="http://geocities.com/js_source/geov2.js">
    > </script>
    > <script language="javascript">geovisit();
    > </script>
    > <noscript>
    >
    > Since I am unable to remove it as the comment suggests, I would like to
    > prevent the page from being read to the end by inserting some script at the
    > end of the page I upload before Yahoo adds its bit.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone?
    >
    > TIA

    Do you *pay* for your geocities site, or do you get it for *free* because it has
    some internal advertising?
    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003

  3. Watcher of the Skies

    °Mike° Guest

    The scripts are created dynamically by the geocities server.
    That's part of the agreement. If you don't like them, you
    should pay for a service with no ads.

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:27:36 +0100, in
    <Q_Ddb.1933$>
    Watcher of the Skies scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2003

  4. > I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if
    > there is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page
    > when it is encountered.
    >
    > The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
    > banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do
    > this by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:

    <SNIP>

    > Since I am unable to remove it as the comment suggests, I would like to
    > prevent the page from being read to the end by inserting some script at
    > the end of the page I upload before Yahoo adds its bit.

    Pay for it.... they you get no advertising...

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Watcher of the Skies

    Plato Guest

    Watcher of the Skies wrote:

    > The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
    > banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this

    Request a refund if you are not happy with their service.
    Plato, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Watcher of the Skies

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:27:36 +0100, "Watcher of the Skies"
    <> wrote:

    >I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if there
    >is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page when it is
    >encountered.
    >
    >The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
    >banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this
    >by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:

    If it's a free site, you shouldn't try to remove the banner. That's
    how you pay for the site. Removing it can get your site taken away.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Oct 1, 2003