    http://www.myplace.co.nz/marlin/marlin.htm

    Cheers
    John
    John, Oct 9, 2003

  2. John

    me here Guest

    John wrote:

    > Hi dudes
    >
    > How do you make a pop up windows?
    > I want to be able to click on a link, have a pop up windows with some
    > images and a caption...
    > Website under contruction at
    > http://www.myplace.co.nz/marlin/marlin.htm
    >

    > Cheers
    > John

    Have a look at http://jimmont.com/resrc/popmeup.htm

    Complex
    ------------------
    window.open('http://www.jimmont.com/resrc/src/','mySite','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=500,height=300,top='+eval((screen.availHeight
    - 300) / 3)+',left='+eval((screen.availWidth - 500) /
    2));mypopup.focus();">open window in href</a>

    Simple
    ------------------
    onclick="window.open('http://www.jimmont.com/resrc/src/','','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,width=50,height=300');">really
    simple window opener</a>
    me here, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Don't be so complicated, just set the target in the <href> to "blank".

    Brendon

    Brendon Pascoe, Oct 9, 2003
  4. John

    Rob Guest

    In news:qojhb.173178$,
    Brendon Pascoe roused me from near catatonia by blurting:
    > Don't be so complicated, just set the target in the <href> to "blank".
    >
    > Brendon

    Unfortunately the target attribute is deprecated and will not authenticate.
    Still works, but no guarantee with future browsers.

    Rob
    Rob, Oct 9, 2003
  5. just as well micro$oft ain't developing any more browsers now is it?
    about time we had some quality companies develop a decent browser I reckon
    anyway!

    Brendon

    Brendon Pascoe, Oct 9, 2003
  6. John

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Oct 9, 2003
  7. John

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:14:31 +1300, "Brendon Pascoe"
    <> wrote:

    >just as well micro$oft ain't developing any more browsers now is it?
    >about time we had some quality companies develop a decent browser I reckon
    >anyway!

    What happened to the Irish wiz kids super browser?
    http://www.dienstraum.com/archiv/001568.php
    Bret, Oct 9, 2003
  8. John

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:54:29 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"Bret" wrote
    >> What happened to the Irish wiz kids super browser?
    >> http://www.dienstraum.com/archiv/001568.php

    >It was only "super" in a "Big Gay Al" way...

    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't :-
    Bret, Oct 9, 2003
  9. John

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bm4ith$qkf$>, phstpok@cold-hot-warm-tepid-
    mail.com says...

    > In news:qojhb.173178$,
    > Brendon Pascoe roused me from near catatonia by blurting:
    > > Don't be so complicated, just set the target in the <href> to "blank".
    > >
    > > Brendon
    > >

    > Unfortunately the target attribute is deprecated and will not authenticate.
    > Still works, but no guarantee with future browsers.

    The W3C specs say nothing at all of a deprecated status.
    Mainlander, Oct 10, 2003
  10. John

    asdf Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:14:31 +1300, "Brendon Pascoe"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >just as well micro$oft ain't developing any more browsers now is it?
    > >about time we had some quality companies develop a decent browser I

    reckon
    > >anyway!
    > >

    > What happened to the Irish wiz kids super browser?
    > http://www.dienstraum.com/archiv/001568.php

    No, download, no desent pics! just a whole lot of storys raving on about it.
    O well, maby if it is all its made out to be we'll get to use it one day
    (athough i have to say the screen shot there dose make it look like it uses
    up a lot of screen area for nothing! (have to say i like my apps to be nice
    a slick and not show more uslice space for 'cosmentic' resons than needed)

    But saying that its cool to see young kids doing things like that i wish i
    could of done things like that when i were his age!

    Daniel
    asdf, Oct 11, 2003