HTML - opening a new window with a link

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Steve Freides said:

    > Instead of a link just changing the current page, how do you get it to
    > open a new window instead?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > -S-

    Right click a link a choose "Open in a new window"

    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Instead of a link just changing the current page, how do you get it to
    open a new window instead?

    Many thanks in advance.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Brian H¹©

    °Mike° Guest

    CTRL+N

    or...

    Tools / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
    Uncheck 'Reuse windows for launching shortcuts'.

    That's assuming you are using Internet Explorer.

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:04:04 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Freides scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:04:04 -0400, Steve Freides
    <> scribbled:

    >Instead of a link just changing the current page, how do you get it to
    >open a new window instead?
    >
    >Many thanks in advance.

    Add target="new" to the HTML tag.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Thanks - that's what I was looking for, how to do it myself in one of my
    web pages.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Brian H¹©

    °Mike° Guest

    You should use target="_blank"
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#h-6.16

    Discussion of it here:

    An example might be:

    Also look up on how to use style sheets.

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:24:19 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Freides scrawled:

    --