    What can I add to prevent the send and submit being activated if the
    name and email inputs are empty?

    Frank

    Frank Thompson, Jun 20, 2009

  2. Frank Thompson

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:31:39 -0700 (PDT), Frank Thompson wrote:

    >On a form after the hidden recipient and value tags I have the
    >following html:
    >
    > <input
    >name="subject" value="ecpoll" type="hidden">My real name is<input
    >name="realname" type="text"> My email is <input name="email"
    >type="text">
    >
    >then I have some questions answered with yes and no buttons
    >
    >After the questions I have this:
    >
    ><input
    >style="font-weight: bold;" value="Send" type="submit"></big> <input

    Argh!!! inline styles.

    >value="Clear" type="reset"> </big></p>
    ></form>
    >
    >What can I add to prevent the send and submit being activated if the
    >name and email inputs are empty?

    Isolated code is generally useless, question didn't need the code.

    0) www.google.com html form validation

    Results 1 - 10 of about 17,000,000 for
    html form validation
    .. (0.24 seconds)

    Results 1 - 10 of about 594,000 for
    html javascript form validation
    .. (0.23 seconds)

    Results 1 - 10 of about 326,000 for
    form validation tutorial
    .. (0.25 seconds)

    1) Nothing in HTML.
    2) Don't ask in ng alt.html, look for existing answers.
    3) Client side JavaScript.
    4) Server side script of your choice.

    >Frank

    Me