    --
    ~*Queenie*~
    "I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."
    *~Queenie~*, Jul 13, 2003

  2. "*~Queenie~*" <> wrote in
    news:TceQa.70$:

    > Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd marked:
    > mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML message at a later
    > time, is there any way I can resend it w/o having to set up the HTML
    > again? So far, when I try to resend it, it goes with plain coding with
    > all the attachments in the subject line.

    Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending the e-mail
    that is in your sent-items box?

    --
    -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    Parts & Service
    PC-Component.com, Jul 13, 2003

  3. *~Queenie~*

    *~Queenie~* Guest

    --
    "PC-Component.com" <> wrote in message
    > "*~Queenie~*" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd marked:
    > > mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML message at a later
    > > time, is there any way I can resend it w/o having to set up the HTML
    > > again? So far, when I try to resend it, it goes with plain coding with
    > > all the attachments in the subject line.
    > >

    > Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending the e-mail
    > that is in your sent-items box?
    >

    > --
    > -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    > Parts & Service

    How I am resending it is of no matter. My question is: How can I resend the
    e-mail w/o having to set up the HTML all over again?
    *~Queenie~*, Jul 13, 2003
  4. *~Queenie~*

    *~Queenie~* Guest

    I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
    If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
    you don't send your e-mail that way!
    Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

    *~Queenie~*, Jul 13, 2003
  5. *~Queenie~*

    paul s Guest

    *~Queenie~* wrote:

    > I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
    > If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
    > you don't send your e-mail that way!
    > Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

    I detest recieving HTML email even more. HTML email is for spammers.
    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 13, 2003
  6. *~Queenie~*

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:20:56 GMT, *~Queenie~* wrote:

    >I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
    >If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
    >you don't send your e-mail that way!
    >Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

    It's more like:

    "One man's gravy is _everyone's_ poison."

    http://email.miningco.com/cs/netiquettetips/a/et070103.htm
    http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,41639,00.html
    (older link)
    http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/virusprotection.html
    (older link)

    A search for "Why not to send e-mail in HTML" brought up 6,170,000 hits. A
    groups search brought up 3,550,000 posts, including this one:

    http://tinyurl.com/gt4l

    "Just so you'll see why there's a reason why a LOT of people don't like
    receiving HTML e-mail. I just delete them off the server, unread."

    --
    Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
    Mara, Jul 13, 2003
  7. *~Queenie~*

    paul s Guest

    Mara wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:20:56 GMT, *~Queenie~* wrote:
    >
    >>I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
    >>If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
    >>you don't send your e-mail that way!
    >>Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

    > It's more like:
    >
    > "One man's gravy is _everyone's_ poison."
    >
    > http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml
    > http://email.miningco.com/cs/netiquettetips/a/et070103.htm
    > http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,41639,00.html
    > (older link)
    > http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/virusprotection.html
    > (older link)

    I read some of my email on a cellphone via GPRS, that chokes on HTML email,
    plus the crap takes ages to download.

    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 13, 2003
  8. *~Queenie~*

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:16:41 GMT, in
    <dmhQa.2729$>
    *~Queenie~* scrawled:

    >"I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."
    >"PC-Component.com" <> wrote in message
    >> "*~Queenie~*" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd
    >> > marked: mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML
    >> > message at a later time, is there any way I can resend it w/o
    >> > having to set up the HTML again? So far, when I try to resend
    >> > it, it goes with plain coding with all the attachments in the
    >> > subject line.
    >> >

    >> Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending
    >> the e-mail that is in your sent-items box?
    >>

    >How I am resending it is of no matter.

    So you know the answer, then, right?

    >My question is:

    Hang on, I thought you knew the answer!

    >How can I resend the e-mail w/o having to set up the HTML all
    >over again?

    How about answering the question put to you?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 13, 2003
  9. *~Queenie~*

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:59:06 -0500, Mara wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:20:56 GMT, *~Queenie~* wrote:
    >
    >>I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
    >>If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
    >>you don't send your e-mail that way!
    >>Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

    > It's more like:
    >
    > "One man's gravy is _everyone's_ poison."
    >
    > http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml
    > http://email.miningco.com/cs/netiquettetips/a/et070103.htm
    > http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,41639,00.html
    > (older link)
    > http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/virusprotection.html
    > (older link)
    >
    > A search for "Why not to send e-mail in HTML" brought up 6,170,000 hits. A
    > groups search brought up 3,550,000 posts, including this one:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/gt4l
    >
    > "Just so you'll see why there's a reason why a LOT of people don't like
    > receiving HTML e-mail. I just delete them off the server, unread."

    Kmail has a nice little feature that I like:
    "Note: This is an HTML message. For security reasons, only the raw HTML
    code is shown. If you trust the sender of this message then you can
    activate formatted HTML display for this message by clicking here."

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.
    Jimchip, Jul 13, 2003
  10. *~Queenie~*

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as *~Queenie~* continued:

    > I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
    > If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
    > you don't send your e-mail that way!
    > Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

    For someone who has asked for and received a Hell of a lot of help in this
    NG I would have expected less offensive replies. You are trickling down the
    slippery slope to Ignordum, where all your requests go unanswered, and you
    can never catch a waiter's eye.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 13, 2003
  11. *~Queenie~*

    paul s Guest

    *~Queenie~* wrote:

    > Excuse me. I just have come to the incorrect place. I thought this was a
    > helpdesk.

    Nope thats just its title, anything goes in here. This NG has no charters,
    moderators, daddies, owners, or guardians.

    Try asking on one of the microsoft.public.* newsgroups. They love HTML on
    those NGs.

    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 13, 2003
  12. > ~*Queenie*~
    >"I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."
    >"PC-Component.com" <> wrote in message
    >> "*~Queenie~*" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd

    marked:
    >> > mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML message at a

    later
    >> > time, is there any way I can resend it w/o having to set up the HTML
    >> > again? So far, when I try to resend it, it goes with plain coding

    with
    >> > all the attachments in the subject line.
    >> >

    >> Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending the e-

    mail
    >> that is in your sent-items box?
    >>

    >> --
    >> -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    >> Parts & Service

    >How I am resending it is of no matter. My question is: How can I resend
    >the e-mail w/o having to set up the HTML all over again?

    Actually it makes a big difference because if you are re-sending what the
    mail server returned to you it might be sending you back the text version
    with the HTML version packed in an attachment.

    But then again, I don't know anything about mail servers and how the
    internet works.

    If you wish to be helped in the future you're going to need to answer the
    questions asked of you. I do not get paid to sit here and answer your
    questions. I only asked you becuase your answer affects my answer to you.

    --
    -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    Parts & Service
    PC-Component.com, Jul 13, 2003
  13. *~Queenie~*

    *~Queenie~* Guest

    Mike, I am not "demanding" anything, and of course I know that you people
    don't get paid! As a matter of fact, you, yourself, have helped me with
    problems many times, for which I am grateful. I came here asking a simple
    question, and I got bombarded with the evils of HTML. I am aware of the
    pitfalls of HTML, and I only use it for a few friends and relatives. The
    reason I "dismissed" the question of which way I was trying to re-send the
    HTML message was because it does not work either way. I am sorry if I
    offended anyone here who was trying to be helpful.

    *~Queenie~*, Jul 14, 2003
  14. *~Queenie~*

    *~Queenie~* Guest

    > > ~*Queenie*~
    > >"I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."
    > >"PC-Component.com" <> wrote in message
    > >> "*~Queenie~*" <> wrote in

    > marked:

    > later

    > with
    > >> >

    > >> Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending the e-

    > mail
    > >> that is in your sent-items box?
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    > >> Parts & Service

    > >How I am resending it is of no matter. My question is: How can I resend
    > >the e-mail w/o having to set up the HTML all over again?

    > Actually it makes a big difference because if you are re-sending what the
    > mail server returned to you it might be sending you back the text version
    > with the HTML version packed in an attachment.
    >
    > But then again, I don't know anything about mail servers and how the
    > internet works.
    >
    > If you wish to be helped in the future you're going to need to answer the
    > questions asked of you. I do not get paid to sit here and answer your
    > questions. I only asked you becuase your answer affects my answer to you.
    >
    > --
    > -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    > Parts & Service

    Sorry about that. And I do appreciate the help you are trying to give me. My
    answer to your question is: I am attempting to re-send the original e-mail
    in my sent box.
    *~Queenie~*, Jul 14, 2003
  15. *~Queenie~*

    Michael Guest

    *~Queenie~* wrote:

    > "PC-Component.com" <> wrote in message
    >>> ~*Queenie*~
    >>> "I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."
    >>> "PC-Component.com" <> wrote in message

    >>> How I am resending it is of no matter. My question is: How can I
    >>> resend the e-mail w/o having to set up the HTML all over again?

    >> Actually it makes a big difference because if you are re-sending
    >> what the mail server returned to you it might be sending you back
    >> the text version with the HTML version packed in an attachment.
    >>
    >> But then again, I don't know anything about mail servers and how the
    >> internet works.
    >>
    >> If you wish to be helped in the future you're going to need to
    >> answer the questions asked of you. I do not get paid to sit here and
    >> answer your questions. I only asked you becuase your answer affects
    >> my answer to you.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    >> Parts & Service

    > Sorry about that. And I do appreciate the help you are trying to give
    > me. My answer to your question is: I am attempting to re-send the
    > original e-mail in my sent box.

    There are two simple answers, one's clunky, the other one is less so:

    ---

    One answer is to copy and paste:

    Open the original one... the very first one you sent.

    Select the entire message with Ctrl-A, and copy it to the clipboard with
    CTRL-C.

    Open a new message to send out, and make sure that message is "Rich Text"
    formatted.

    Click the message body window, and paste the clipboard in there with CTRL-V.

    ---

    There ought to be a less cumbersome way to do this, of course ... and there
    is: *forward* the original, but remember to remove the "Fwd:" from the
    subject, and remove the initial headers from the message body before sending
    it.

    If OE had a "Send Again" feature, this would be a one-button job... but it
    doesn't. There *are* better mail clients out there.

    ((U))

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 14, 2003
  16. *~Queenie~* wrote:

    > pitfalls of HTML, and I only use it for a few friends and relatives. The
    > reason I "dismissed" the question of which way I was trying to re-send the
    > HTML message was because it does not work either way. I am sorry if I
    > offended anyone here who was trying to be helpful.

    That *you* knew you'd tried it both ways didn't help those who were
    trying to assist you. And yes, the question was quite relevant. I hope
    you may have learned a bit, here, about cooperating with people who are
    trying to help you.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/boulder
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 14, 2003
  17. *~Queenie~*

    °Mike° Guest

    Enough has been said. I think you should take Blinky's comments
    about cooperating with people, and digest them thoroughly.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:21:48 GMT, in
    <MAnQa.4664$>
    *~Queenie~* scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 14, 2003