Hsrp

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by yanter, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. yanter

    yanter

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi everybody,

    I have 2 core switches CAT 4500, and i planned to use the HSRP between them based on the VLAN numbers, like VLAN number 1,3 and 5 will get high priority over Core-1, and VLAN 2,4 and 6 will be for Core-2, if one of these two cores become down then the rest Of VLAN traffic will be passed through the active core.

    I did the configuration as per the Cisco document:
    ------------------------------------
    interface Vlan801
    ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
    ip helper-address 172.16.1.100
    standby 1 ip 192.168.1.1
    standby 1 preempt delay minimum 10

    Till now am still working over one core switch only as the backup needs power supply, the whole servers gateway is the Virtual gateway, but i found that some times its working and some times not, after a lettile troubleshooting i found that the arp table is not beeing updated with the Virtual IP - MAC of the core switch, which results to block the traffic between deffrent subnets.

    Did any one faced this issue before and what is the sujested solution.

    Thanks and best regards,
    Yasser

    yanter, Jun 8, 2008