    Can I have both HSRP and GLBP configured on ethernet interfaces between two
    routers, with different vitual IP addresses, one for HSRP and one for GLBP?

    Thanks!
    Drx, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Drx

    Guest

    What are you trying achieve with such a config? Since GLBP and HSRP
    have similar functionality, it is not clear when configuring both would
    be useful. Also, for hosts on the LAN where you have this pair of
    routers, what you configure as the default gateway? Will it be the
    HSRP virtual IP address or will it be the GLBP virtual IP address?

    Having said that, I think if you configured GLBP and HSRP together,
    it would probably work fine together. Just that I see no value in
    configuring them at the same time time on the same routers.

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com
    , Feb 11, 2006

  3. Drx

    Guest

    On 11 Feb 2006 08:25:25 -0800, wrote:

    > What are you trying achieve with such a config? Since GLBP and HSRP
    > have similar functionality, it is not clear when configuring both would
    > be useful. Also, for hosts on the LAN where you have this pair of
    > routers, what you configure as the default gateway? Will it be the
    > HSRP virtual IP address or will it be the GLBP virtual IP address?
    >
    > Having said that, I think if you configured GLBP and HSRP together,
    > it would probably work fine together. Just that I see no value in
    > configuring them at the same time time on the same routers.
    >
    > Cisco da Gama
    > http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    well I want to use GLBP load balancing features, but only for certain
    hosts, not all network. So I guess I could use HSRP for parts of network
    where I do not need LB or cannot/do not want rely on routing LB, but for
    some other parts of network I could use GLBP LB possibilities.
    , Feb 12, 2006
  4. Drx

    Guest

    > well I want to use GLBP load balancing features, but only for certain
    > hosts, not all network. So I guess I could use HSRP for parts of network
    > where I do not need LB or cannot/do not want rely on routing LB, but for
    > some other parts of network I could use GLBP LB possibilities.

    OK.

    Though I could not see why HSRP and GLBP would not work
    correctly if configured simultaneously on the same interface, I
    decided to do a quick test on my lab routers. I found that it does
    work fine and so you should be fine to run the two together.

    I had some basic config like the following for the test -

    interface Ethernet0
    ip address 192.169.0.3 255.255.255.0
    no keepalive
    standby 2 ip 192.169.0.254
    standby 2 priority 150
    standby 2 preempt
    glbp 10 ip 192.169.0.253

    Everything worked fine before and after a switchover.

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com
    , Feb 13, 2006
  5. Drx

    Drx Guest

    On 13 Feb 2006 14:27:42 -0800, wrote:

    >> well I want to use GLBP load balancing features, but only for certain
    >> hosts, not all network. So I guess I could use HSRP for parts of network
    >> where I do not need LB or cannot/do not want rely on routing LB, but for
    >> some other parts of network I could use GLBP LB possibilities.

    > OK.
    >
    > Though I could not see why HSRP and GLBP would not work
    > correctly if configured simultaneously on the same interface, I
    > decided to do a quick test on my lab routers. I found that it does
    > work fine and so you should be fine to run the two together.
    >
    > I had some basic config like the following for the test -
    >
    > interface Ethernet0
    > ip address 192.169.0.3 255.255.255.0
    > no keepalive
    > standby 2 ip 192.169.0.254
    > standby 2 priority 150
    > standby 2 preempt
    > glbp 10 ip 192.169.0.253
    >
    > Everything worked fine before and after a switchover.
    >
    > Cisco da Gama
    > http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    ok, thanks for effort :)))))))))))) btw you have GREAT alias, ciscodagama
    :)))))) LOL
    Drx, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Drx

    sksri83

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Messages:
    10
    Location:
    India
    Hi all ,

    please anybudy suggest me how can i loadbalance With GLBP in three router .I want One AVG and two AVF .please help me ....

    Regards,

    Saurabh
    sksri83, Apr 28, 2008