HSBC useless ebanking setup

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Howard, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    HSBC internet banking https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz blows!

    They can't even get their error messages working correctly - here's what I
    got when I tried to logon tonight:

    An error occurred while loading
    https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz/servlet/com.hsbc.ebank.app.hib.base.HsbcHibServlet:

    Timeout on server
    www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz

    When I tried again, I got this:

    Internal Server Error

    unable to complete your request.

    Please contact the server administrator, ess and inform them
    of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
    have caused the error.

    More information about this error may be available in the server error
    log.

    I espcially love the ress bit. How lame is that!

    -H

    Howard, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Howard

    Steve Guest

    Howard wrote:
    > HSBC internet banking https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz blows!
    >
    > They can't even get their error messages working correctly - here's what I
    > got when I tried to logon tonight:
    >
    > An error occurred while loading
    > https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz/servlet/com.hsbc.ebank.app.hib.base.HsbcHibServlet:
    >
    > Timeout on server
    > www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz
    >
    > When I tried again, I got this:
    >
    > Internal Server Error

    > unable to complete your request.
    >
    > Please contact the server administrator, ess and inform them
    > of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
    > have caused the error.
    >

    > More information about this error may be available in the server error
    > log.
    >

    > I espcially love the ress bit. How lame is that!
    >
    > -H

    Went for a look, but it doesn't even support Mozilla! Told me to upgrade
    to Exploder or Nutscrape 4.72.

    Steve

    Steve, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Howard

    JedMeister Guest

    "Howard" <> wrote in message
    > HSBC internet banking https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz blows!
    >
    > They can't even get their error messages working correctly - here's what I
    > got when I tried to logon tonight:
    >
    > An error occurred while loading
    > https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz/servlet/com.hsbc.ebank.app.hib.base.HsbcHibServlet:
    >
    > Timeout on server
    > www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz
    >
    > When I tried again, I got this:
    >
    > Internal Server Error

    > unable to complete your request.
    >
    > Please contact the server administrator, ess and inform them
    > of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
    > have caused the error.
    >

    > More information about this error may be available in the server error
    > log.
    >

    > I espcially love the ress bit. How lame is that!

    Some of their help pages do not work either. It is pretty poor effort.

    I am an HSBC customer in the UK (used to be UK Midlands), and they are
    actually really good over there. Some people whine about UK banking system,
    but I found the online banking superior to the NZ ones. I could make
    international transfers and currency exchanges using my internet banking -
    what kiwi bank allows this ? Except for perhaps HSBC NZ , and their website
    is dodgy.

    JedMeister, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Howard

    Enkidu Guest

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:23:08 +1300, Howard <>
    wrote:

    >HSBC internet banking https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz blows!
    >
    >They can't even get their error messages working correctly - here's what I
    >got when I tried to logon tonight:
    >
    >An error occurred while loading
    >https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz/servlet/com.hsbc.ebank.app.hib.base.HsbcHibServlet:
    >
    >Timeout on server
    >www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz

    They appear to be a Java site. What such sites sometimes do is have an
    HTML page that doesn't exist and redirects to a login applet. Looks
    like the redirect didn't work. My guess is that the backend servlet
    processor (tomcat?) had died.

    >When I tried again, I got this:
    >
    >Internal Server Error
    >
    >The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
    >unable to complete your request.
    >
    >Please contact the server administrator, ess and inform them
    >of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
    >have caused the error.
    >
    >More information about this error may be available in the server error
    >log.

    Yes, this what you would get if the frontend had lost touch with the
    backend. First the 404 (above) then the 500 (internal error).

    >I espcially love the ress bit. How lame is that!

    What sort of error message would you have expected?

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    These twin-CPU hyperthreading computers are really
    great! We can wait ten to a hundred times faster

    Enkidu, Dec 6, 2004
  5. Howard

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:07:33 +1300, Steve <> wrote:

    >Went for a look, but it doesn't even support Mozilla! Told me to upgrade
    >to Exploder or Nutscrape 4.72.

    FireFox works fine.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 6, 2004
  6. Howard

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    JedMeister wrote:

    > Some of their help pages do not work either. It is pretty poor effort.
    >
    > I am an HSBC customer in the UK (used to be UK Midlands), and they are
    > actually really good over there. Some people whine about UK banking system,
    > but I found the online banking superior to the NZ ones. I could make
    > international transfers and currency exchanges using my internet banking -
    > what kiwi bank allows this ? Except for perhaps HSBC NZ , and their website
    > is dodgy.

    ANZ allows international transfers

    Chris Mayhew, Dec 7, 2004
  7. Howard

    Steve Guest

    JedMeister wrote:
    > "Howard" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>HSBC internet banking https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz blows!
    >>
    >>They can't even get their error messages working correctly - here's what I
    >>got when I tried to logon tonight:
    >>
    >>An error occurred while loading
    >>https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz/servlet/com.hsbc.ebank.app.hib.base.HsbcHibServlet:
    >>
    >>Timeout on server
    >>www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz
    >>
    >>When I tried again, I got this:
    >>
    >>Internal Server Error
    >>
    >>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
    >>unable to complete your request.
    >>
    >>Please contact the server administrator, ess and inform them
    >>of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
    >>have caused the error.
    >>

    >>More information about this error may be available in the server error
    >>log.
    >>

    >>I espcially love the ress bit. How lame is that!
    >>

    > Some of their help pages do not work either. It is pretty poor effort.
    >
    > I am an HSBC customer in the UK (used to be UK Midlands), and they are
    > actually really good over there. Some people whine about UK banking system,
    > but I found the online banking superior to the NZ ones. I could make
    > international transfers and currency exchanges using my internet banking -
    > what kiwi bank allows this ? Except for perhaps HSBC NZ , and their website
    > is dodgy.

    Don't even *think* the two companies have anything to do with each
    other. I couldn't touch a penny of my UK HSBC account from HSBC NZ
    except through the hole in the wall machines.

    We opened an ASB account before leaving the UK, and we had a 12 month
    period where we could transfer money into the ASB branch in London, from
    where it was automagically moved over here.

    Steve

    Steve, Dec 7, 2004
  8. Howard

    ofn01 Guest

    "Howard" <> wrote in message
    > HSBC internet banking https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz blows!
    >
    > They can't even get their error messages working correctly - here's what I
    > got when I tried to logon tonight:
    >
    > An error occurred while loading
    > https://www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz/servlet/com.hsbc.ebank.app.hib.base.HsbcHibServlet:
    >
    > Timeout on server
    > www.ebank.hsbc.co.nz
    >
    > When I tried again, I got this:
    >
    > Internal Server Error

    > unable to complete your request.
    >
    > Please contact the server administrator, ess and inform them
    > of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
    > have caused the error.
    >

    > More information about this error may be available in the server error
    > log.
    >

    > I espcially love the ress bit. How lame is that!
    >
    > -H

    HSBC here in the UK has a terrible site.
    Amongst other things, their contact form will error out giving an 'invalid
    character' message if you include the pound (£) sign in the text you're
    submitting!. The site is totally crap compared to the NZ banking site I used
    to use. Mind you HSBC here in the UK could not even get us a chequebook sent
    out in under three weeks (lost it between two branches).

    ofn01, Dec 7, 2004