    It looks promising but would like to know before I buy.
    Thanks
    Jim
    Jim, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Jim

    Bill Crocker Guest

    What are you trying to accomplish?

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Trying to reach the second floor from the basement with a little stronger
    signal.

    Jim, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Jim

    Bill Crocker Guest

    It should help, but you may be able to do it for less money, with a
    high-gain, directional antenna.

    Something like this:
    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=316518&pfp=BROWSE

    Of course you would point it up, and toward your client, in your situation.

    Simple enough to try. It's not software, so you should be able to return
    either, if it doesn't meet your needs.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I already have one, a Hawking 6dbi directional.

    Jim, Dec 1, 2004
  6. Jim

    Tony Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone tried the new Hawking Technologies wireless HSB1 Signal
    > Booster?
    > It looks promising but would like to know before I buy.
    > Thanks
    > Jim

    Have you considered a repeater such as the D-Link DWL-700AP ? I use one as
    a repeater and it works fine or I believe the 900AP gives 11g
    Tony, Dec 1, 2004
  7. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Tony I would do that but from what I understand it will not transmit at
    108Mbps, the repeater will drop it down to 54Mbps. I do get 108 on all the
    computers but the furthest one.

    Jim, Dec 2, 2004
  8. Jim

    My104Mbps Guest

    Hello Jim:

    I finally got my hands on a HSB1 and was able
    to compare it to the Renasis BA24j booster I
    was using previously. Both work fine with a
    D-Link DI-624 and a DWL-G650 in Static SuperG
    (108 Mbps) mode.

    During informal testing I conducted at about
    50 meters (about 150 feet) indoors the HSB1
    boosted the signal from the factory DI-624
    antenna about 9 dB. At this distance the
    signal rate increased from about 48 Mbps
    (without the HSB1) to from 72 Mbps to
    96 Mbps (with the HSB1).

    NOTE: I would advise caution if you plan
    to attach an antenna with more than about
    6 dBi of gain to the HSB1 when it is set
    to 500 mW mode. (The microwave radiation
    levels can become significant if you use
    a high-gain antenna with a booster like
    this)

    -
    My104Mbp
    My104Mbps, Dec 22, 2004
  9. Jim

    schwab Guest

    Rather than extend my Apple Airport Extreme Base Station's wireles
    network with another Apple Airport Extreme or Express Station I electe
    to buy the Hawking HSB2 Signal Booster instead. This may, in fact, no
    be an FCC approved setup according to Hawking Tech Support.

    My HSB2 is, in fact, an HSB1. It even is labeled as such. The mode
    number was changed to HSB2 I think because the "HSB2" is FCC approve
    and compliant.

    http://tinyurl.com/bk4xv

    In order to connect the Hawking HSB2 Signal Booster to my Apple Airpor
    Extreme Base Station I bought the MCX to SMA Hawking Jumper Cable (wit
    Key) Model HACSA. Other jumper cables may not work if they lack the Ke
    part necessary to signal the Airport Extreme Base Station to enable an
    see its external antenna jack.

    http://tinyurl.com/9rp8t

    Rather than use the antenna supplied with the Hawking HSB2 signa
    booster I connected a Linksys Omnidirectional 7dbi High Gain Antenn
    with SMA connector, Model HGA7S.

    http://tinyurl.com/dcfqx

    My wireless network's signal strength is improved. Interfernece i
    decreased.

    When set at 500mW the Airport Network activity can cause som
    interference with our 2.4gHz telephone if I am close to the bas
    station trying to use the phone.

    I want my network to be safe for our family and read the previous not
    regarding "microwave radiation levels" when using this booster and
    high-gain antenna.

    Can you provide any specifics and make any recommendations to m
    regarding my set up?

    Thanks.

    or My104Mbps wrote:
    > *Hello Jim:
    >
    > I finally got my hands on a HSB1 and was able
    > to compare it to the Renasis BA24j booster I
    > was using previously. Both work fine with a
    > D-Link DI-624 and a DWL-G650 in Static SuperG
    > (108 Mbps) mode.
    >
    > During informal testing I conducted at about
    > 50 meters (about 150 feet) indoors the HSB1
    > boosted the signal from the factory DI-624
    > antenna about 9 dB. At this distance the
    > signal rate increased from about 48 Mbps
    > (without the HSB1) to from 72 Mbps to
    > 96 Mbps (with the HSB1).
    >
    > NOTE: I would advise caution if you plan
    > to attach an antenna with more than about
    > 6 dBi of gain to the HSB1 when it is set
    > to 500 mW mode. (The microwave radiation
    > levels can become significant if you use
    > a high-gain antenna with a booster like
    > this).

    -
    schwa