hpojd145 replace yellow printhead (circle) procedure

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ann, Nov 19, 2006.

  1. ann

    ann Guest

    Should we fill a printhead with ink after boiling in ammonia to repair on
    the HP Office Jet D 145 printer?

    That is, what is the procedure to replace (ie repair) a yellow printhead on
    the hewlett packard hpojd145?

    Originally, my yellow ink stopped printing even though the ink level was
    fine and always has been (ie I never ran out of ink) on my HP office jet
    d145 printer.

    When I pressed the "Align Printheads" maintenance sequence, the hp ojd145
    printer refused to align the printheads saying the yellow (circle)
    printhead needed replacement. Ok, no big deal. I'll just clean it.

    So I googled to find the standard boiling in ammonia procedure which seems
    to have fixed the printhead. But, my question now is SHOULD I HAVE REFILLED
    the PRINTHEAD before inserting back into the Hewlett Packard hp ojd145
    printer?

    I merely put the damp printhead back in the hp office jet d 145 printer
    without refilling it because I didn't have any ink on me (it's all in the
    hp #14 tanks which are separate from the hp print heads).

    WHen I pressed the align printhead command on the HPOJd145, the yellow
    printed without error, but, it was kind of streaky.

    Did I do the standard printhead maintenance wrong by not filling the
    printhead with ink before inserting?

    ann

    ann, Nov 19, 2006