HPNA & VLAN

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jim, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Nic O`Neill wrote on 2/3/2004 6:29 PM:

    > Hi
    >
    > We are looking for an HPNA solution that supports VLAN. - ( for hospitality
    > industry)
    >
    > At the moment we are using Zyxel VDSL (supports vlan) but this comes at a
    > hefty price.
    >
    > Do you guys know of any other HPNA products that support VLAN?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Nic

    I would recommend looking into Powerline aka HomePlug offerings. They
    are straight Ethernet and therefore you only need to support VLAN on the
    swicth back in the closet.

    Jim

    Nic O`Neill, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Jim

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    "Nic O`Neill" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > We are looking for an HPNA solution that supports VLAN. - ( for

    hospitality
    > industry)
    >
    > At the moment we are using Zyxel VDSL (supports vlan) but this comes at a
    > hefty price.
    >
    > Do you guys know of any other HPNA products that support VLAN?

    Why not just get a cheap HPNA solution that acts as nothing but a media
    access layer? That way you can just attach them to a more commonly available
    Ethernet switching solution that supports VLANs.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Hi!

    Nic O`Neill () wrote about "HPNA & VLAN":
    > We are looking for an HPNA solution that supports VLAN. - ( for hospitality
    > industry)

    I'd wait for HPNA3.0 to arrive, which is a great leap forward in regard to
    bandwidth & features. From the chipset designers, it should hit the market
    these days.

    Kai

    Kai Rohrbacher, Feb 6, 2004