    Okay...so I don't know what I'm supposed to be re-installing. XD

    Any advice?

    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
    GMB, Jan 23, 2008

  2. GMB

    BohemianGeek

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    15
    hphmon06.exe

    hi,
    it's a HP photo smart software that monitors the memory for a printer.
    but be careful there has been some kind of virus/malware disguised as such. before re-installing anything, run an adware & spyware program just in case.

    :girl:

    BohemianGeek, Jan 25, 2008

  3. GMB

    GMB

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Alright...I've been running sweeps (SpySweeper, Spybot, Norton) and there was a trojan, but it's gone now. Still getting the error, though. Everything else looks clear. So where would I find and/or how would I go about re-installing this thing? Or is there another option?

    GMB, Jan 25, 2008
  4. GMB

    BohemianGeek

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    15
    hphmon06

    try ccleaner, it's a free application that cleans out unused files, and it includes a registry cleaner (always select to back-up registry). You can get it at www.ccleaner.com.
    After that do a cold shut down, (not a reboot) log back in Hopefully without an error.
    But if you do, and you have HP Printer.
    Go on your task bar, go to "start"-"Programs"-and find "HP" - then your printer name, there should be a link to product support website, you can download your software. you will need your printer name and number.
    hope all is good!

    :girl:

    BohemianGeek, Jan 28, 2008