    There seems to be no screw fixings.
    Thanks
    John

    John Orrett, Dec 15, 2003

  2. John Orrett

    Miggsee Guest

    Both of my 690c series printers have died a well deserved death. It's a 1996
    era printer!
    HP article (slow load) on how to clean the printer. http://tinyurl.com/zaen

    "John Orrett" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all - a friend of mine asked me to look at his printer, as the orange
    > resume light
    > keeps flashing. He has tried two brand new genuine HP tricolour

    cartridges,

    Miggsee, Dec 15, 2003

  3. John Orrett

    Patrick Guest

    *Just checking for the obvious*
    Presumeably the 'air vent' cover (coloured tape on cartridge) has been
    removed on the cartridges !
    (check instructions for installing new cartridge)

    Patrick, Dec 15, 2003
  4. John Orrett

    John Orrett Guest

    Cheers Miggsee, I've binned it!
    John

    John Orrett, Dec 15, 2003
  5. John Orrett

    John Orrett Guest

    Yes :).
    Thanks anyway,
    John

    John Orrett, Dec 15, 2003
  6. John Orrett

    Miggsee Guest

    :)

    Miggsee, Dec 15, 2003
  7. John Orrett

    John Orrett Guest

    Couldn't agree more - now; any recommendations for a
    replacement................:)
    John

    John Orrett, Dec 16, 2003
  8. John Orrett

    Miggsee Guest

    Here's a buying guide from a US store called BestBuy.
    http://tinyurl.com/zec0 I guess something comparable to the 690 series would
    be about $130 - $150 USD. (About £70 - £90 ?).

    Stay away from the small Lexmarks!!

    Miggsee, Dec 16, 2003
  9. John Orrett

    John Orrett Guest

    Thanks for the link Miggsee. Happy Christmas BTW ;-)
    Best wishes,
    John

    John Orrett, Dec 16, 2003
  10. John Orrett

    Miggsee Guest

    Thank you! And a Merry Christmas to you and yours! Maybe Santa will deliver
    a printer....... ;)~

    Miggsee, Dec 16, 2003