    new cartridge to just find out the unit is bad.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks
    PPH, Nov 12, 2003

  2. PPH

    Thor Guest

    trying a new cartridge is the cheapest thing you will be able to do at this
    point. You have already done the simplest things to try up to changing it.

    Thor, Nov 12, 2003

  3. PPH

    PPH Guest

    Here is a strange update. I turned the machine on, it has the error. The
    machine sits with power on for about 10 to 15 minutes, the error goes away.
    I turn the machine off and back on, the error reappears.

    Strange!

    I think the unit is just a POS.
    PPH, Nov 12, 2003
  4. PPH wrote:
    > Here is a strange update. I turned the machine on, it has the error. The
    > machine sits with power on for about 10 to 15 minutes, the error goes away.
    > I turn the machine off and back on, the error reappears.
    >
    > Strange!
    >
    > I think the unit is just a POS.

    IIRC HP has started embedding chips in their cartridges to prevent other
    manufacturers from making compatible ones. It sounds to me like either
    the chip or the circuitry that reads the chip is going bad. Only way I
    know to tell is put this cartridge in another machine or put a different
    cartridge in this machine and see whether the symptoms stay with the
    machine or this cartridge.
    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 12, 2003
  5. PPH

    Thor Guest

    I have been seeing a sharp increase in people having trouble with HP
    all-in-one officejets, since they came out with the new style models last
    year.

    Thor, Nov 12, 2003