HP5550 And Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Starcap 50, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Starcap 50

    Starcap 50 Guest

    Hello,

    I am getting ready to buy a new printer.

    So far, one of my top choices is the HP Deskjet 5550. From everything I have
    read about it, it should satisfy my modest printing needs.

    However, it seems that I have heard a few horror stories from people who bought
    a HP5550 and used it on a Windows XP Computer. This is what I have. It's also
    a Dell.

    To the experts out there:

    Do you know of any problems -- that can't be fixed or resolved -- that should
    persuade me NOT to go ahead and buy the HP5550 and install it on my Dell
    Windows XP Computer?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dennis
    Starcap 50, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Starcap 50

    Thor Guest

    I just sold some of those, and they worked fine with XP. Used the USB
    interface though. It can use Parallel or USB. Just make sure you follow the
    intructions for installation to the letter.

    Thor, Jan 4, 2004