    does anybody know of any place in auckland that has either this model or
    the philips 23" on display...? this is the downside of the net pc buyers
    market, so much harder to see cool highend stuff in person.

    pixel, Feb 23, 2005

  2. pixel

    Scott Guest

    "pixel" <> wrote in message
    news:cvhpbt$dk6$...
    > i wanna buy an HP L2335 23" widescreen LCD :) problem is i can't find
    > anyone who would actually have it on display, or be willing to put it on
    > display. i've done a lot of research and i'm not worried the quality of
    > the monitor - should be awesome for what i need but i'd still prefer to
    > make an offer on one that's in front of me (to avoid any pixel defects
    > :) ).
    >
    > HP's pixel policy is okish... with zero dead pixels allowed, but up to 5
    > sub-pixel defects [stuck pixels]. i know its unreasonable to expect
    > perfection from LCD manufacturers but if i'm paying for it i don't
    > really care - i just don't want no sucki pixels.
    >
    > does anybody know of any place in auckland that has either this model or
    > the philips 23" on display...? this is the downside of the net pc buyers
    > market, so much harder to see cool highend stuff in person.

    DVT in penrose have this model hooked up to a pc for demo of their video
    editing packages and 1080i HDV.
    www.dvt.co.nz

    I'm not sure if they are a HP agent. If you go to view at least give them
    the opportunity to quote, Stuart and Mike are nice guys who are free with
    information even in this parallell imported, global economy, no boundary
    world, we now do business in.

    Scott, Feb 23, 2005