    I don't know what could be done, as I have not changed any settings or configurations since day one, and as the laptop does connect when close to the router, I am confident that there are no software or hardware issues.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting very frustrated with this connection.

    Thanks
    mklelito, Jul 10, 2008

  2. mklelito

    MunchBC

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    I would log into the router and check all the settings. I have a wireless D-Link router myself and love it. Once you're logged into the router check under "Tools"/"Log" (just to see if anyone else has been accessing your connection, if they have, they might've tinkered with your settings). Also while you're there, check to see if the router has been resetting itself, I've seen instances like that in the past. Next I would take a look under "Advanced"/"Performance" and take a look at your antenna transmit power, make sure it's at 100%. Is your wireless network password protected? Are you running any filters on the router?
    MunchBC, Jul 29, 2008