    one large plus sign then hp then several other plus signs the the HP Update
    before the message I posted above. I would like to do the HP Update but I
    don't know how to get there... charlie
    charles kuchar, Dec 22, 2009

  2. If you click on the plus sign does it open a sub item? Is this sub item
    selectable? If so, check it and then continue.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP

    Richard Urban, Dec 22, 2009

  3. right or left clicking and double clicking does not do anything. anywhere
    in the display. it is primary also. it is displaying in this window right
    now but does nothing else that I know of. charlie

    charles kuchar, Dec 22, 2009
  4. charles kuchar

    dgmacmi Guest

    > An update is available. Would yo
    > like to download and install this
    > update now?
    >
    > this message occurs occasionally. I right click it but there is no
    > effect. I can move the window around the screen but it doesn't change.
    > there is one large plus sign then hp then several other plus signs the the
    > HP Update before the message I posted above. I would like to do the HP
    > Update but I don't know how to get there... charlie

    Assuming the unknown HP product is a printer try going here:

    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    and than to the drivers and software for your specific printer.

    Depending on what version of printer drivers you have, you may have better
    luck running the HP Update directly vice via the notification message. Look
    in Programs, HP or in HP Solutions, Help, Check for Updates to run the
    update application.

    Don
    dgmacmi, Dec 22, 2009
  5. I have found that by clickin on the window, and pressing the Enter key, the
    update will occur...

    Charles W Davis, Dec 25, 2009
  6. I will try that to check the update. and I will seriously consider
    uninstalling the hp update. I'm still getting used to this Win7 computer
    and haven't been to the control panel yet... charlie

    charles kuchar, Dec 26, 2009
  7. charles kuchar

    ShellP Guest

    On Dec 26, 3:19 pm, "charles kuchar" <> wrote:
    > I will try that to check the update.  and I will seriously consider
    > uninstalling the hp update.  I'm still getting used to this Win7 computer
    > and haven't been to the control panel yet...  charlie
    >
    > "Charles W Davis" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >

    > > I have found that by clickin on the window, and pressing the Enter key,
    > > the update will occur...
    > > "charles kuchar" <> wrote in message
    > >> An update is available. Would yo
    > >>  like to download and install this
    > >>                 update now?

    > >> this message occurs occasionally.  I right click it but there is no
    > >> effect. I can move the window around the screen but it doesn't change.
    > >> there is one large plus sign then hp then several other plus signs the
    > >> the HP Update before the message I posted above.  I would like to do the
    > >> HP Update but I don't know how to get there...  charlie- Hide quoted text -

    I would only consider removing HP Update if you intend to check HP on
    your own for the necessary updates. 1. Theres no reason to righ click
    on the Update, just click & it will do the rest for you, it usually
    will require you to reboot! Try re-starting the PC & see what happens?
    Also, you Internet Security Software may be stopping it from
    installing? Have you checked those setting?
    ShellP, Dec 28, 2009
  8. the message from hp appeared today. I just clicked on it and hit the enter
    key. the update happened normally. now I got a different problem but will
    do a new post on it... thanks for the help. charlie

    charles kuchar, Dec 29, 2009