HP takes Linux into non-stop computing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing2, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ibd/20050720/bs_ibd_ibd/2005720tech01

    "........

    IBD: What's going on there?

    Fink: We have a number of things we're looking at -- some of those
    things I'm not ready to talk about yet.

    They include everything from how to potentially get Linux running on
    NonStop to taking the 200 open-source projects that run on NonStop and
    turning that into 2,000 open-source projects running on NonStop.

    There's a variety of other activities we think are interesting and will
    bring a lot of enterprise-class credibility to Linux and open source.

    IBD: Which makes sense from a shareholder perspective. What is HP after?

    Fink: The Linux market is growing 30% to 35% a year. Our goal is to
    capture as much of that market as we can as it grows -- all of it if we can.

    Go Linux....!!!!!

    regards

    thing
    thing2, Jul 22, 2005