    worksations.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgTXluZXM=?=, Jan 26, 2006

  2. The HP "story" with x64 is quite variable. When it comes to HP printers,
    either x64 has a built-in driver or if it doesn't, one of the x64 drivers for
    another HP printer, with similar specs, will still work.

    Unfortunately, with scanners, the story is much more dismal. Most of the
    newer Scanjets will have a 64 bit driver available "soon" according to HP. A
    lot of the older models will not ever have a 64-bit driver:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=c00367175&lc=en

    =?Utf-8?B?amFibG9vbWYxMjMw?=, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Thanks jabloomf1230. I guess we will go with an alternate workstation fow now.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgTXluZXM=?=, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Steve Mynes wrote:
    > Has anyone had any success attaching an HP8200 series scanner to an x64
    > workstation? I found neither a driver nor any information on HP's web site,
    > so I am guessing I'd be better off moving the scanner to one our other
    > worksations.

    I don't have an HP Scanjet 8200, but it is supposed to be supported in
    Linux. So you could try to install the VMware player und run one of the
    Linux images provided by VMware. You may have to install a scan program
    (gimp and sane), which should not be too difficult.

    The USB emulation in VMware certainly works very well for me.

    Thomas

    Thomas Steffen, Jan 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgTXluZXM=?=

    Neal Guest