    to a recovery DVD, i did this only to find at a later date...now, that the
    DVD is screwed. How can i get the recovery creation option back...any help
    appreciated

    Johnno, May 31, 2005

  2. Johnno

    me Guest

    "Johnno" <> wrote in message
    news:d7i0rd$6p4$-infra.bt.com...
    > When i purchased my HP pavilion it gave me a menu option to backup my
    > system
    > to a recovery DVD, i did this only to find at a later date...now, that the
    > DVD is screwed. How can i get the recovery creation option back...any help
    > appreciated

    How screwed is the disc? Is it actually broken/cracked ? If not,you may be
    able to recover the info from it using ISO buster,and burn it to a new disc.
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

    me, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Johnno

    YourNameHere Guest

    HP will sell you another one for cheap. The option is always there if
    you don't have any success trying to repair/recreate it yourself.

    YourNameHere, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Johnno

    Big Black Guest

    Here is an HP recovery/reboot disk horror story:: I have an HP Pavillion,
    which, i can't complain about, it gave me a few years of great service until
    I upgraded and passed it on to my kids. When I gave it to them, I decided to
    reformat/reboot the machine and guess what? The reboot/reformat disks that
    come with it? Wel;l, they had a virus on it. I checked a few sources and
    found out that it was a common thing for the E744 disks to have a virus on
    disk #1. I contacted HP and they told me for the super low price of $29.00
    plus shipping, they would send me a new "clean" set of disks. Well, I
    figured, what the heck, and ordered the new set. Got em Fed-Ex a few days
    later and guess what? Same virus, same disk. I called em again, they told
    me to return them and they would ship out yet another set. Well, this went
    on 3 or 4 times, each set had a virus on disk #1. I finally got pissed and
    just took the machine to a local shop to have it reformatted and rebooted.
    I got my money back from HP without much of an arguement, and the shop only
    charged $20.00 to do the job.

    Big Black, Jun 18, 2005