    I find drivers for HP PSC 1315?

    Thanks for assistance.

    Artur N.
    Achtung, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 26, 2005

  3. Achtung

    NNBXX Guest

    IMHO, I think he asks where he can find the drivers, but he doesn't say that
    he actually found them.

    de news: ...

    NNBXX, Jun 26, 2005
  4. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00364537

    There have been a lot of questions on the Newsgroup about what printers are
    supported in x64. And while there is no comprehensive list all in one place,
    HP deserves kudos for transparency across their entire printer line. Check
    HP Printer Support for XP Professional x64 Edition for a complete list of
    where they are with printer support for x64.

    Beyond what's officially supported, however, there are a whole range of
    printers that work quite adequately in x64 Edition, even though there aren't
    any official drivers yet. They may not include all the functionality of
    specifically engineered printer drivers, but they will be able to perform
    basic printing functions. The first thing to understand is that there are
    two basic printer control languages - "Printer Control Language" (PCL) and
    Postscript. PCL has been the core of the HP line since the earliest days of
    Laser Jets Basic printing functionality with PCL will support virtually all
    HP laser printers. If your specific model isn't there, just choose the
    closest model that is supported

    Postscript is more than just a printer language, and has been primarily used
    by Apple and high end graphics and design users because of it's wealth of
    very high quality fonts, and platform independent support. This platform
    independence continues into the x64 world, with excellent drivers for
    Postscript printers built into the OS. The specific driver for your model
    printer may not be there, limiting your choice of controlling which paper
    tray is used, and possibly which fonts are available, but if your printer
    supports Postscript, you'll be able to print.

    On connectivity - I strongly believe that TCP/IP is the way to go for
    printer connectivity. If you are buying a printer, make sure it has a
    network card in it. If you already have a printer, take a look at one of the
    many TCP/IP network print server appliances available today, including
    wireless ones. If you use TCP/IP to connect to your printer, you again gain
    platform independence.

    Finally, in my next post I'll cover how to add x64 support to your existing
    32-bit print server (well, if it's running Server 2003, at least.)
    --
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00364537
    >
    > There have been a lot of questions on the Newsgroup about what printers are
    > supported in x64. And while there is no comprehensive list all in one place,
    > HP deserves kudos for transparency across their entire printer line. Check
    > HP Printer Support for XP Professional x64 Edition for a complete list of
    > where they are with printer support for x64.
    >
    > Beyond what's officially supported, however, there are a whole range of
    > printers that work quite adequately in x64 Edition, even though there aren't
    > any official drivers yet. They may not include all the functionality of
    > specifically engineered printer drivers, but they will be able to perform
    > basic printing functions. The first thing to understand is that there are
    > two basic printer control languages - "Printer Control Language" (PCL) and
    > Postscript. PCL has been the core of the HP line since the earliest days of
    > Laser Jets Basic printing functionality with PCL will support virtually all
    > HP laser printers. If your specific model isn't there, just choose the
    > closest model that is supported
    >
    > Postscript is more than just a printer language, and has been primarily used
    > by Apple and high end graphics and design users because of it's wealth of
    > very high quality fonts, and platform independent support. This platform
    > independence continues into the x64 world, with excellent drivers for
    > Postscript printers built into the OS. The specific driver for your model
    > printer may not be there, limiting your choice of controlling which paper
    > tray is used, and possibly which fonts are available, but if your printer
    > supports Postscript, you'll be able to print.
    >
    > On connectivity - I strongly believe that TCP/IP is the way to go for
    > printer connectivity. If you are buying a printer, make sure it has a
    > network card in it. If you already have a printer, take a look at one of the
    > many TCP/IP network print server appliances available today, including
    > wireless ones. If you use TCP/IP to connect to your printer, you again gain
    > platform independence.
    >
    > Finally, in my next post I'll cover how to add x64 support to your existing
    > 32-bit print server (well, if it's running Server 2003, at least.)

    As of August 8, 2006: I have had no luck getting the scanner function to
    work with my PSC 1510 or my PSC 1315v with my Dell XPS 600 Desktop system.
    Craig Branson, Aug 8, 2006