HP PS 130 printer from Warehouse Stationery.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Greg  Townsend

    Max Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:04:29 +1200, Greg Townsend
    <> wrote:

    >Seems very cheap at only $249.99 PP has it for around $383 inc
    >
    >Some Reviews, but I can't find any Pro reviews but then again its not really a
    >Pro printer.
    >
    >http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/HP_Photosmart_130/4505-3167_16-20305770-2.html?tag=review
    >
    >http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardware/printers/0,39001753,39004900p,00.htm
    >
    >http://www.techtv.com/products/digitalcameras/story/0,23008,3395366,00.html

    Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    Max, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    Max <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:04:29 +1200, Greg Townsend
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Seems very cheap at only $249.99 PP has it for around $383 inc
    >>
    >>Some Reviews, but I can't find any Pro reviews but then again its not
    >>really a Pro printer.

    > Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    My Roger detector just went off. Both unhelpful and wrong.

    The ink cartridge would cost around $80, the printer seems to vary between
    $250 and $383. Only in Roger’s mind is $80 almost as much as $250.

    Obviously the ‘It’s Crap’ rating is because it’s not Roger’s favourite
    printer brand, therefore it’s crap.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Aug 3, 2003
  4. MarkH <> wrote in news:bgig1r$f27$:

    > Max <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:04:29 +1200, Greg Townsend
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Seems very cheap at only $249.99 PP has it for around $383 inc
    >>>
    >>>Some Reviews, but I can't find any Pro reviews but then again its not
    >>>really a Pro printer.

    >> Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    > My Roger detector just went off. Both unhelpful and wrong.

    Hardly unusual in either case.

    > The ink cartridge would cost around $80, the printer seems to vary
    > between $250 and $383. Only in Roger’s mind

    Roger's what?

    > is $80 almost as much as $250.
    >
    > Obviously the ‘It’s Crap’ rating is because it’s not Roger’s favourite
    > printer brand, therefore it’s crap.

    --
    -Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Greg  Townsend

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 08:10:35 +0000, MarkH wrote:

    > Max <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:04:29 +1200, Greg Townsend
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Seems very cheap at only $249.99 PP has it for around $383 inc
    >>>
    >>>Some Reviews, but I can't find any Pro reviews but then again its not
    >>>really a Pro printer.

    >> Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    > My Roger detector just went off. Both unhelpful and wrong.
    >
    > The ink cartridge would cost around $80, the printer seems to vary between
    > $250 and $383. Only in Roger’s mind is $80 almost as much as $250.
    >
    > Obviously the ‘It’s Crap’ rating is because it’s not Roger’s
    > favourite printer brand, therefore it’s crap.

    Your Roger detector may have gone off, but I think it selected the
    wrong post - the first (aka "Greg Townsend") was his ........
    You might have to tweak a few more dials and re-align the antennae
    (or whatever it is that you do) to fine tune your device ;-)

    Murray Symon, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Greg  Townsend

    JB Guest

    I was in there today to have a look at one - Paper $23 for 20 sheets (one
    6x4 print per sheet) Replacement cartridge $87 - Decided probably cheaper to
    take a CD with pics on to a Photo shop and get them done properly - 6"x4"
    $1.20 each at Photo Video in Merivale Mall.

    Cheers

    JB

    CHCH

    JB, Aug 3, 2003
  7. On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 08:10:35 +0000 (UTC), MarkH <> wrote:

    >From: MarkH <>
    >Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >Subject: Re: HP PS 130 printer from Warehouse Stationery.
    >Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 08:10:35 +0000 (UTC)
    >
    >Max <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:04:29 +1200, Greg Townsend
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Seems very cheap at only $249.99 PP has it for around $383 inc
    >>>
    >>>Some Reviews, but I can't find any Pro reviews but then again its not
    >>>really a Pro printer.

    >> Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    >My Roger detector just went off. Both unhelpful and wrong.
    >
    >The ink cartridge would cost around $80, the printer seems to vary between
    >$250 and $383. Only in Roger’s mind is $80 almost as much as $250.
    >
    >Obviously the ‘It’s Crap’ rating is because it’s not Roger’s favourite
    >printer brand, therefore it’s crap.
    >

    >--
    >Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    >See my pics at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~markh/
    >"There are 10 types of people, those that
    > understand binary and those that don't"

    Gee who let this Idiot out of his cage..

    Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003
  8. On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:02:19 +1200, Max <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:04:29 +1200, Greg Townsend
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Seems very cheap at only $249.99 PP has it for around $383 inc
    >>
    >>Some Reviews, but I can't find any Pro reviews but then again its not really a
    >>Pro printer.
    >>
    >>http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/HP_Photosmart_130/4505-3167_16-20305770-2.html?tag=review
    >>
    >>http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardware/printers/0,39001753,39004900p,00.htm
    >>
    >>http://www.techtv.com/products/digitalcameras/story/0,23008,3395366,00.html
    >>

    >Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    Can't you tell the Truth or are you Blind..?

    They are around $70, a normal price for most colour cartridges.

    Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003
  9. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    Murray Symon <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 08:10:35 +0000, MarkH wrote:
    >
    >> Max <> wrote in

    >>> Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    >> My Roger detector just went off. Both unhelpful and wrong.
    >>
    >> The ink cartridge would cost around $80, the printer seems to vary
    >> between $250 and $383. Only in Roger’s mind is $80 almost as much as
    >> $250.
    >>
    >> Obviously the ‘It’s Crap’ rating is because it’s not Roger’s
    >> favourite printer brand, therefore it’s crap.

    > Your Roger detector may have gone off, but I think it selected the
    > wrong post - the first (aka "Greg Townsend") was his ........
    > You might have to tweak a few more dials and re-align the antennae
    > (or whatever it is that you do) to fine tune your device ;-)

    Well it certainly was a Rogeresque post. But yes it does seem that the
    Greg Townsend posts are the actual Roger ones.

    Would the real Roger please stand up, please stand up.

    MarkH, Aug 3, 2003
  10. Greg Townsend wrote:
    > Gee who let this Idiot out of his cage..

    Now there you go again, talking to the mirror. Tsk, tsk.

    Master Tech ©, Aug 3, 2003
  11. Greg  Townsend

    Max Guest

    wrote:

    >Max <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:04:29 +1200, Greg Townsend
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Seems very cheap at only $249.99 PP has it for around $383 inc
    >>>
    >>>Some Reviews, but I can't find any Pro reviews but then again its not
    >>>really a Pro printer.

    >> Its crap. The cartridges are almost as much as the printer.

    >My Roger detector just went off. Both unhelpful and wrong.
    >
    >The ink cartridge would cost around $80, the printer seems to vary between
    >$250 and $383. Only in Roger’s mind is $80 almost as much as $250.
    >
    >Obviously the ‘It’s Crap’ rating is because it’s not Roger’s favourite
    >printer brand, therefore it’s crap.

    Ok maybe a slight exaggeration, but still the cartridges are very
    expensive, and the only reason they are selling these printers at
    around cost, is because they want to sell the cartridges where they
    make a huge profit. I don't know what the cost per image print out is,
    but I pressume a cartridge would do less than 100 pages, and then
    theres the paper cost. I think it would be a lot cheaper to take them
    in to be developed.

    Max, Aug 4, 2003
  12. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    Max <> wrote in

    > Ok maybe a slight exaggeration, but still the cartridges are very
    > expensive, and the only reason they are selling these printers at
    > around cost, is because they want to sell the cartridges where they
    > make a huge profit. I don't know what the cost per image print out is,
    > but I pressume a cartridge would do less than 100 pages, and then
    > theres the paper cost. I think it would be a lot cheaper to take them
    > in to be developed.

    OK, that sounds like a much more reasoned argument.

    It is also worth noting that this is a printer that just prints 4x6 photos,
    so it is expensive to buy this printer for just the one purpose.

    There are sites like
    www.frogprints.co.nz
    that can print 4x6 photos for about $1.25 ea or 20 for $20. They can also
    print other sizes.

    Ink + Paper for the PS130 must be over $1 per pic, so it’s not really worth
    it.

    MarkH, Aug 4, 2003
  13. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    Max <> wrote in

    > My initial post was responding to woger, and was just giving him a
    > piece of his own medicine.

    Oh please god no, one person posting like Roger is more than enough.

    No need for everyone to stoop to his level, you’ll put your back out
    stooping that low.

    MarkH, Aug 4, 2003
  14. MarkH wrote:
    > Max <> wrote in
    >
    >> My initial post was responding to woger, and was just giving him a
    >> piece of his own medicine.

    > Oh please god no, one person posting like Roger is more than enough.
    >
    > No need for everyone to stoop to his level, you’ll put your back out
    > stooping that low.

    What's wrong with being so supple ?

    Greg Townsend, Aug 4, 2003
  15. "Greg Townsend" <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote in

    > MarkH wrote:
    >> Max <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> My initial post was responding to woger, and was just giving him a
    >>> piece of his own medicine.

    >> Oh please god no, one person posting like Roger is more than enough.
    >>
    >> No need for everyone to stoop to his level, you’ll put your back out
    >> stooping that low.

    > What's wrong with being so supple ?

    You wouldn't need supple, you'd need to dig a hole!

    --
    -Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 4, 2003