    Freelance writer and educator in graphic design, photography, digital
    technology
    Personal art site www.artinyourface.com

    wayne, Aug 24, 2005

  2. wayne

    Father Kodak Guest

    On 24 Aug 2005 04:25:11 -0700, "wayne" <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >HP just made some new printing announcements that could be of interest.
    >I posted the press release on www.dimagemaker.com

    And I get some weird message about a SELECT command. Are you running
    a database there? Anyway, the site doesn't grant access.

    Father Kodak, Aug 24, 2005

  3. wayne

    Chris Luck Guest

    "Father Kodak" <> wrote in message
    > On 24 Aug 2005 04:25:11 -0700, "wayne" <> wrote:
    >>HP just made some new printing announcements that could be of interest.
    >>I posted the press release on www.dimagemaker.com

    > And I get some weird message about a SELECT command. Are you running
    > a database there? Anyway, the site doesn't grant access.

    I'm getting that now, too, though I got straight through the first time I
    looked.

    It is/was about the 'new' technology that HP are getting excited over i.e
    fixed print heads. They have upped the nozzle count and the size of the
    heads to allow - they suggest - twice the speed of laser printers. They
    also suggest lower running costs than lasers which I'll believe when I
    experience it. They also talk of six colour-coordinated ink tanks.

    It's some years since I foreswore Epson printers on the grounds of their
    terminally clogging heads so, intuitively, I'm not too encouraged by this
    development. I haven't used one myself but HP have been making fixed-head
    business models for some time, apparently without the generic frailty of the
    Epson's so perhaps they've just got a better grasp of the technology
    required. Oh, and at least HP heads are user-replaceable - on the business
    models that is - I don't recall the blurb covering such details for the new
    models but I would expect it.

    --
    Regards,
    Chris Luck