    divide it into vlans or at least control the broadcast nature of this
    flat network. If I have to use Cisco layer 3 switch, which ones will
    you recommend, burget is very very tight. Please help. Thanks
    Someone, Oct 2, 2008

  2. In article <>, Someone <> writes:
    >I have a procurve flat network, no vlans, all broadcast. How can I
    >divide it into vlans or at least control the broadcast nature of this
    >flat network. If I have to use Cisco layer 3 switch, which ones will
    >you recommend, burget is very very tight. Please help. Thanks

    Which models of Procurve switches do you have?

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    --
    Max-Planck-Institut fuer Phone : +49-761-5108-464 Fax: -80464
    Immunbiologie
    Christoph Gartmann, Oct 2, 2008

  3. Someone

    John Oliver Guest

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 23:23:57 -0400, Someone wrote:
    > I have a procurve flat network, no vlans, all broadcast. How can I
    > divide it into vlans or at least control the broadcast nature of this
    > flat network.

    Google for the documentation for your switches to see how to VLAN them.

    John Oliver, Oct 2, 2008
  4. Someone wrote:
    > I have a procurve flat network, no vlans, all broadcast. How can I
    > divide it into vlans or at least control the broadcast nature of this
    > flat network. If I have to use Cisco layer 3 switch, which ones will
    > you recommend, burget is very very tight. Please help. Thanks

    Building VLANs on Procurve switches is quite simple and possible on many
    switches even on older series like 2400/4000 and 2500.

    All documentation and configuration examples can be found on www.procurve.com

    BTW In our company we're using no other switches than Procurve's. Great devices!

    Andre
    Andre Wisniewski, Oct 3, 2008