    Thank you a lot in advance.

    diebugger
    , Apr 1, 2008

  2. writes:
    >I cannot find a document or website related to my problem: linking a
    >"HP Procurve 2510-24" to a "Cisco Catalyst Express 500-24".

    >I simply want that PC1 linked to the ProCurve could connect to PC2
    >linked to the Catalyst, according to the following schema:

    >PC1 ---> HP ProCurve <------> Cisco Catalyst ---> PC2

    Doing an HP Procurve to regular Cisco Catalyst was easy enough. I
    haven't done the CE500s though. They sound like completely different
    beasts altogether, very different, new and wider variety of buginess.
    Wonder why Cisco didn't put them in the Linksys brandname line anyway?

    In case it helps any, for the regular Catalyst, just make the port
    facing the HP a trunk port. On the HP, make that interface a tagged
    interface with it tagging the VLANs you want passed through.

    Took about 30 seconds to do for the regular catalyst switch to HP.
    Doug McIntyre, Apr 1, 2008

  3. Guest

    On 2 Apr, 00:37, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > writes:
    > >I cannot find a document or website related to my problem: linking a
    > >"HP Procurve 2510-24" to a "Cisco Catalyst Express 500-24".
    > >I simply want that PC1 linked to the ProCurve could connect to PC2
    > >linked to the Catalyst, according to the following schema:
    > >PC1 ---> HP ProCurve <------> Cisco Catalyst ---> PC2

    > Doing an HP Procurve to regular Cisco Catalyst was easy enough. I
    > haven't done the CE500s though. They sound like completely different
    > beasts altogether, very different, new and wider variety of buginess.
    > Wonder why Cisco didn't put them in the Linksys brandname line anyway?
    >
    > In case it helps any, for the regular Catalyst, just make the port
    > facing the HP a trunk port. On the HP, make that interface a tagged
    > interface with it tagging the VLANs you want passed through.
    >
    > Took about 30 seconds to do for the regular catalyst switch to HP.

    In my view the Express 500 things are not fit for
    any business use.

    I have had a few run-ins with them and it was tough to get them
    working.
    I seem to recall that you could either have

    a trunk port with multiple mac's outside it
    or
    a non trunk port with one mac outside it.

    - or -

    You configure the port mode to "Other" and maybe have
    a non-trunk port with multiple macs. I forget but I did get
    something working a few months back that involved
    "other".

    Anyway the plan seems to have been to simplify networking
    so that anyone can do it. :)))))

    Result is that no one can do it.

    Documentation is eliminated^w simplified too.

    I thing that by default they do private VLANS or something
    like that.

    Godd luck.
    , Apr 2, 2008
  4. alexd Guest

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:37:20 +0000, Doug McIntyre wrote:

    > Doing an HP Procurve to regular Cisco Catalyst was easy enough. I
    > haven't done the CE500s though. They sound like completely different
    > beasts altogether, very different, new and wider variety of buginess.
    > Wonder why Cisco didn't put them in the Linksys brandname line anyway?

    Linksys' have console ports ;-)

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    22:00:17 up 39 days, 4:53, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.07, 0.07
    alexd, Apr 3, 2008