Hp Printer support work around from HP

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I got my photosmart 7550 up & running in Win64. {:)))))
    This work around is posted on Hp.com
    Go to the hpwebsite.

    http://www.hp.com

    Type in c00364537 at the bottom in the search area.

    You will get a document HP Deskjet, Officejet, PSC, and Photosmart
    Printers - Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

    You will find that your printer HP Photosmart 7960 is not supported but
    there is a workaround.

    Go to document c00365046 and I think you will be able to get your printer to
    work.

    HP service here in Canada gave me the document reference c00364537 this
    morning June 20, 2005.

    To bad Microsoft couldn't do this for this product through a HCL (Hardware
    Compability List) and make our lives simpler.

    Reminds me when Windows 2000 was released and drivers for many things were
    not available. Gave Windows 2000 a bad rep. Looks like the same thing is
    happening again with the 64 Bit version of XP.

    TIP when u chose printing port use the DOT one if u have a usb printer.
    My photosmart 7550 now works in Win XP Pro 64 now!!!!!!!! :)-)))))))
    --
    Hugh

    Kue2, Jul 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Kue2

    - Bobb - Guest

    Carlos,

    a little help ...

    I went there and registered and logged in.

    I tried your link - I get " cannot use a link referenced from outside this
    website - please register"

    I then tried to search for " HP 5.64.0.10 "

    and get : " Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. "

    I did a search for DESKJET and got a lot of this type postings:

    " remove the print cartridges (they are 90% of the cost of the printer),
    take the unit to the top of a parking garage, and drop it."

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Jul 16, 2005