    I recall HP is fussy on setup - is the software installed first and then
    hook up the printer?

    clyde

    clyde, Jul 17, 2005

  2. clyde

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "clyde" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9695C1822BC8Crexdale@207.35.177.135...
    > Friend has HP 750 and having problem setting up. Mislaid the setup poster.
    > I recall HP is fussy on setup - is the software installed first and then
    > hook up the printer?
    >
    > clyde

    Yes. The software will tell you when to plug in the printer.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 17, 2005

  3. clyde

    Old Gringo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "clyde" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Friend has HP 750 and having problem setting up. Mislaid the setup poster.
    >>I recall HP is fussy on setup - is the software installed first and then
    >>hook up the printer?
    >>
    >>clyde

    > Yes. The software will tell you when to plug in the printer.

    I have a 970Cse and hooked it all up did the install then read the
    book. It still worked. :)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jul 17, 2005
  4. clyde

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> "clyde" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Friend has HP 750 and having problem setting up. Mislaid the setup
    >>>poster.
    >>>I recall HP is fussy on setup - is the software installed first and then
    >>>hook up the printer?
    >>>
    >>>clyde

    >> Yes. The software will tell you when to plug in the printer.
    >>

    > I have a 970Cse and hooked it all up did the install then read the book.
    > It still worked. :)

    Depends on the OS, and whether it's connected using USB or LPT. On XP, there
    are drivers in the OS for USB and LPT. In earlier versions, there was not.
    If you plugged in USB before running the install, it can get really fracked
    up. So it's best when the OP doesn't have the sense to state what the h***
    OS they are using, to tell them to do the software first ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 17, 2005
  5. clyde

    JANA Guest

    Normally when installing a USB type printer, you should install the software
    first. After the software is installed, then you should be able to connect
    the USB printer. In some software's, the user will be informed when to
    connect the printer.

    There are also some types of printer software installations, where the
    computer must be re-started after the software is installed. Then the USB
    printer can be connected.

    As for more parallel printers, the printer can be connected before the
    software is installed. To be safe, always install the software first, unless
    instructed differently.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jul 17, 2005
  6. clyde

    JANATARD Guest

    JANA <> wrote:

    > To be safe, always install the software first,
    > unless instructed differently.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You fucking JANATARD.

    --
    Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."

    JANATARD, Jul 17, 2005