    trying than to buy any more at the price they are.

    Many thanks in hope and anticipation.
    John.
    John Bates, Nov 24, 2003

  2. John Bates

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "John Bates" <> wrote in news:bpu0r7
    $cti$:

    > Can someone please help with my printer problem.
    >
    > I have a Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 930c.
    > What seems to be very often, the colour cartridge
    > causes a light to flash indicating that it needs ink.
    > When it does, I can't do anything except buy a new
    > cartridge. Is it possible to somehow immobilize the
    > colour and just use the black? as I can't afford to buy
    > anymore.
    > Does anyone know what sensing method is used to
    > shut the thing down? I would rather wreck the lot
    > trying than to buy any more at the price they are.
    >
    > Many thanks in hope and anticipation.
    > John.

    Not to be smart here, but put some tape over the light and don't print
    anything in color. I don't know what would happen to the nozzel, but it
    seems that you're willing tear it up anyway! :)

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 25, 2003

  3. John Bates

    John Bates Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message news:Xns943DE15C29776darnold92insightbbco@204.127.204.17...
    > "John Bates" <> wrote in news:bpu0r7
    > $cti$:
    >

    > > Can someone please help with my printer problem.
    > >
    > > I have a Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 930c.
    > > What seems to be very often, the colour cartridge
    > > causes a light to flash indicating that it needs ink.
    > > When it does, I can't do anything except buy a new
    > > cartridge. Is it possible to somehow immobilize the
    > > colour and just use the black? as I can't afford to buy
    > > anymore.
    > > Does anyone know what sensing method is used to
    > > shut the thing down? I would rather wreck the lot
    > > trying than to buy any more at the price they are.
    > >
    > > Many thanks in hope and anticipation.
    > > John.

    > Not to be smart here, but put some tape over the light and don't print
    > anything in color. I don't know what would happen to the nozzel, but it
    > seems that you're willing tear it up anyway! :)
    > Duane :)

    ***Thanks for suggesting something, but once the light is flashing
    nothing sent from the PC is accepted by the printer.
    John.:-(
    John Bates, Nov 25, 2003
  4. John Bates

    Thor Guest

    Try asking HP support.

    Thor, Nov 25, 2003
  5. John Bates

    John Bates Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Try asking HP support.

    ***
    *** I did, thank you, they say I need a new cartridge.
    John.

    John Bates, Nov 25, 2003