    seems to know less about their products than a mosquito does.... and
    blow it to smithereensz?

    , Sep 29, 2007

  2. pcbutts1 Guest

    Did you replace them with HP certified ink cartridges or some cheapo brand?

    pcbutts1, Sep 29, 2007

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > After five tries at HP tech support and watching my blood pressure
    > skyrocket, I am begging!!!! My Deskjet F380 All-in-One Printer/
    > Scanner/Copier will neither print nor copy since I replaced the nearly
    > empty ink cartridges.

    HP sez that if you use refilled or remfr/ed carts or a cart which has
    been used in another printer, the ink level indicator will be inaccurate
    or unavailable
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=us&dlc=en&product=1128296&rule=14622&lang=en
    or http://snipr.com/1rhsp HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One -- Solve a
    problem -- Replacing the print cartridges

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 29, 2007
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > tells me it's out of ink.

    How does it tell you it is out of ink?

    - the amber print cartridge light is blinking -or-
    - something in the printer software 'toolbox'

    Do the printer cartridges snap into place and are free of any tape
    covers? Is the printer cartridge door closed 'nicely'?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 29, 2007
  5. JANA Guest

    I hope you are using original new HP cartridges, not clones, and not
    refills. Non HP cartridges and refills have caused problems in printers.

    Other than that, it is possible that something in the printer itself went
    defective. Make sure that the contacts on both the cartridge and the
    cartridge carrier are clean.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Sep 30, 2007
  6. who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:47:16 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> tells me it's out of ink.

    >How does it tell you it is out of ink?
    >
    > - the amber print cartridge light is blinking -or-
    > - something in the printer software 'toolbox'
    >
    >Do the printer cartridges snap into place and are free of any tape
    >covers? Is the printer cartridge door closed 'nicely'?

    "free of tape covers" I've had a blast fixing computers with that
    problem!

    who'sthat, Sep 30, 2007
  7. nobody > Guest

    JANA wrote:
    > I hope you are using original new HP cartridges, not clones, and not
    > refills. Non HP cartridges and refills have caused problems in printers.
    >
    > Other than that, it is possible that something in the printer itself went
    > defective. Make sure that the contacts on both the cartridge and the
    > cartridge carrier are clean.

    With "chipped" cartridges, yeah.. stay with OEM unless you can get some
    kind of warrantee with an aftermarket and/or refilled cartridge.

    With older "unchipped" cartridges, I wouldn't worry about using branded
    refills. My old HP 970 ran for 6 years for fairly heavy use on Island
    InkJet cartridges, either remanufactured or "refill on the spot". I'd
    estimate that I got 20% more ink out of the Island InkJet units as well,
    with slightly better ink.

    The printer died a month ago, it was a stripped gear and had nothing to
    do with the cartridge diet. Not bad for a printer that was being dumped...

    nobody >, Sep 30, 2007
  8. Guest

    On Sep 30, 7:36 am, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    > JANA wrote:
    > > I hope you are using original new HP cartridges, not clones, and not
    > > refills. Non HP cartridges and refills have caused problems in printers.

    > > Other than that, it is possible that something in the printer itself went
    > > defective. Make sure that the contacts on both the cartridge and the
    > > cartridge carrier are clean.

    > With "chipped" cartridges, yeah.. stay with OEM unless you can get some
    > kind of warrantee with an aftermarket and/or refilled cartridge.
    >
    > With older "unchipped" cartridges, I wouldn't worry about using branded
    > refills. My old HP 970 ran for 6 years for fairly heavy use on Island
    > InkJet cartridges, either remanufactured or "refill on the spot". I'd
    > estimate that I got 20% more ink out of the Island InkJet units as well,
    > with slightly better ink.
    >
    > The printer died a month ago, it was a stripped gear and had nothing to
    > do with the cartridge diet. Not bad for a printer that was being dumped...

    Brand new cartridges, everythings been checked by the IT gut at work,
    too. Nothihs showa an issue, and HP thec support is STILL ignoring
    me!!! Go figure..... this will certainly affect my choice of my new
    laptop and a replacement for this gargage A-- printer. HP...NO
    WAY!!! If there are any more ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

    , Oct 4, 2007
  9. DanR Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sep 30, 7:36 am, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    >> JANA wrote:
    >> > I hope you are using original new HP cartridges, not clones, and not
    >> > refills. Non HP cartridges and refills have caused problems in
    >> > printers.

    >> > Other than that, it is possible that something in the printer itself
    >> > went
    >> > defective. Make sure that the contacts on both the cartridge and the
    >> > cartridge carrier are clean.

    >> With "chipped" cartridges, yeah.. stay with OEM unless you can get some
    >> kind of warrantee with an aftermarket and/or refilled cartridge.
    >>
    >> With older "unchipped" cartridges, I wouldn't worry about using branded
    >> refills. My old HP 970 ran for 6 years for fairly heavy use on Island
    >> InkJet cartridges, either remanufactured or "refill on the spot". I'd
    >> estimate that I got 20% more ink out of the Island InkJet units as well,
    >> with slightly better ink.
    >>
    >> The printer died a month ago, it was a stripped gear and had nothing to
    >> do with the cartridge diet. Not bad for a printer that was being
    >> dumped...

    > Brand new cartridges, everythings been checked by the IT gut at work,
    > too. Nothihs showa an issue, and HP thec support is STILL ignoring
    > me!!! Go figure..... this will certainly affect my choice of my new
    > laptop and a replacement for this gargage A-- printer. HP...NO
    > WAY!!! If there are any more ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

    I once ruined an HP printer by not removing the ink cartridges properly. The
    area below the cartridges is supposed to drop down to allow you to easily
    remove them. I did not have the cartridges in the proper position for this
    and forced them out. Bought a new printer that night.

    DanR, Oct 5, 2007