    have a 64 bit driver as well. Wonder if HP in time will go back and release
    64 bit drivers for all printers or just focus on new printers?

    Craig
    Craig Farrell, Aug 31, 2005

  2. Craig Farrell

    M. Murcek Guest

    Probably the latter. For laser printers, you can always drop back to an
    older LJ driver and get at least some functionality. I got rid of an
    ancient a balky Epson Stylus Color 3000 large format printer and replaced it
    with an HP DJ9650. I have to use an x86 XP machine on my network to print
    11x17 on it, because there is no x64 Edition driver for it. It's been
    supplanted by the DJ9800 series now. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll
    release an x64 Edition driver for that which might work. I'm not holding my
    breath.

    It's been said here many times before, and it's the truth: Make sure your
    stuff works with x64 Edition BEFORE you take the plunge.

    M. Murcek, Aug 31, 2005

  3. I see "HP LaserJet 5000 Series PCL", "HP LaserJet 5000 Series PCL6"
    (colour), and "HP LaserJet 5000 Series PS". Any one of those should work
    just fine. The PCL6 is colour, and PostScript is whatever it needs to be.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 31, 2005
  4. Craig Farrell

    PJB Guest

    I have just installed WinXP Pro 64 OEM on a Tyan dual processor board an
    when I added my HP 5 printer it had the driver on the CD. I also found Epson
    had my R1800 and R2400 printer and EP4990 scanner driver.
    But my Canon 20D camera is a different story. But with 4 other XP and OS X
    machines I'm not too worried about the camera.

    My biggest problem is the SBS2000 server which doesn't have any 64 bit
    firewall client available from MS yet. Hopefully they might do that.

    PJB, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Craig,

    I have a driver issue too which I have been working with the HP tech support
    people on. As of yesterday, they sent me an email saying lots of x64 drivers
    for older printers are in the development stage and will be available for
    download soon. This will at least include support for a printer that I am
    looking to use, the HP Photosmart P1000. While I am not holding my breath
    waiting for it, my fingers are crossed in hopes to have it before the printer
    dies of old age :)

    Warren

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FycmVuUg==?=, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Yeah, we're all waiting for a firewall client from MS. I know it's being
    worked on, but I haven't seen a release date yet. Sigh.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 1, 2005