    7960V and 7960W? Are these the same photo printers or are there significant
    differences?

    John
    pulpfiction, Apr 6, 2004

  2. pulpfiction

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    pulpfiction wrote:

    > Does anyone know the difference between the HP Photosmart printers:
    > 7960, 7960V and 7960W? Are these the same photo printers or are
    > there significant differences?

    The 7960 is an 8-ink printer, all others are 6-ink.
    The 7960 can use the photo-color tank *and* the grayscale one at
    the same time (the combination makes superb shadows), all others
    use the photo-color tank *or* the grayscale one.
    Needless to say, if you print B&W only, there is no difference.
    Paolo Pizzi, Apr 7, 2004

  3. pulpfiction

    pulpfiction Guest

    Paolo,

    The description of the 7960W I've read is that it's an 8-ink printer as
    well. There must be some other difference.

    John

    pulpfiction, Apr 8, 2004
  4. pulpfiction

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    pulpfiction wrote:

    > Paolo,
    >
    > The description of the 7960W I've read is that it's an 8-ink printer
    > as well. There must be some other difference.

    I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to 7670 and 7760
    (my bad, I should have paid more attention...)

    I believe 7960V and 7960W are localized 7960's for particular
    markets. The Europeans, for example, use the A4 format in
    place of 11x14" paper, not to mention 220V AC.
    Paolo Pizzi, Apr 8, 2004