    liked the features: 5mp, 8x optical, camera dock. But is it what I want?
    I read a review of the camera from a web site, (DCRP review). I can't quite
    afford the slr digitals. Any comments are welcome.

    notreallyme, Jan 5, 2004

  2. notreallyme

    PeteK Guest

    I have a 945. Only had it for about a month so still getting used to it.
    Takes awesome pics. Can see some at
    http://heydaddy.fotopic.net/show_collection.php?id=93241

    I love the zoom

    PeteK, Jan 5, 2004

  3. notreallyme

    Perry Guest

    yes,
    I ordered and received my 945 from Costco Web about a month ago.At a good
    price
    I like it for the most part. It is not totally intuitive and a bit slow to
    take the
    actual picture. .
    The 945 is good and somewhat a cheaper price than comparable cameras. The 8x
    zoom is good outside, with a degree of light required with a high speed to
    keep camera wiggle down.
    I also have a (uzi) 2100 olympus 10x zoom. I mention this in that the OLY
    2100 has Image Stabilazation- a great feature period. But it has 2 meg not 5
    and is wearing out a bit.
    I considered the more expensive Panasonic Lumix 12x Image Stabalized zoom,
    4 meg , however it cost more and is NOT apparently good in low light and may
    have minor issues.
    Back to the HP 945- Go get it and enjoy it. I think there is a bias against
    it on some sites in that HP is not as well known in digital cameras as
    others.
    As best as I figure, you save 50-100 bucks relative to an equivalent camera
    by others.
    Good Luck, Perry

    Perry, Jan 6, 2004