HP Photosmart 8150 New User Questions

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jack Gillis, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. Jack Gillis

    Jack Gillis Guest

    I just got an HP 8150 Photosmart. Now that I have used it for a few
    days printing pictures and some other color documents I find that
    because its driver steps you through duplex printing I would like to use
    it as my default printer.

    I have the supplied 95 Tri Color and 99 Photo ink cartridges installed
    and noticed the ink level of the 95 in the left stall is decreasing and
    not the 99 in the right stall. I would have thought that the 99's level
    would have gone down more because most of the printing has been
    pictures. Is this to be expected? And how does the printer know from
    which cartridge to draw ink?

    More important, if I do decided to make it my default printer and will
    be doing mostly black and white text, should I get a 96 Black cartridge?
    Which existing cartridge should I replace -- the Tricolor or the Photo?

    And, can I just have the 96 Black installed and not any other?

    Thank you very much.

    Jack Gillis, Jan 19, 2005