HP Photosmart 7550

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kari T., Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Kari T.

    Kari T. Guest

    Hi,

    I have brand new USB2.0 compatible PC (Windows XP Home edition) and this
    printer/cardreader combo.

    It works perfectly ok, except that the cardreader is really slow. I expected
    USB2.0 to achieve fairly good performance, but it takes about 35-40 minutes
    to transfrer 512 Mb from CF card to computer. Is this normal?

    I used to have USB1.1 PC and the performance did not seem to improve at all,
    when I changed to USB2.0 PC.

    How long it should take to transfer 512 Mb via USB2.0? How can I check if my
    computer uses only USB1.1 speed instead of USB2.0? (Printer cable is "hi
    speed" compatible)

    BR,

    Kari

    Kari T., Sep 22, 2003

  2. Kari T.

    CSM1 Guest

    "Kari T." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have brand new USB2.0 compatible PC (Windows XP Home edition) and this
    > printer/cardreader combo.
    >
    > It works perfectly ok, except that the cardreader is really slow. I

    expected
    > USB2.0 to achieve fairly good performance, but it takes about 35-40

    minutes
    > to transfrer 512 Mb from CF card to computer. Is this normal?
    >
    > I used to have USB1.1 PC and the performance did not seem to improve at

    all,
    > when I changed to USB2.0 PC.
    >
    > How long it should take to transfer 512 Mb via USB2.0? How can I check if

    my
    > computer uses only USB1.1 speed instead of USB2.0? (Printer cable is "hi
    > speed" compatible)
    >
    > BR,
    >
    > Kari

    Very likely the Camera is USB 1.1 only. The USB 2.0 is adjusting to the
    camera's speed.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com