HP photosmart 430 - need help resuccitating

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by bob benedetti, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. Hello all,

    I need your help... My HP photosmart 430 was not dropped or damaged... but
    the lens door (powers it on) was open for about 2 days straight....and the
    camera ran until it was completely dead.

    I've done the following:
    - put in 'known good' (brand new!) Duracell batteries, then tried to
    start -- didnt power up
    - removed smart card, then 'known good' (brand new!) Duracell batteries,
    then tried to start -- didnt power up
    - tried a/c adapter, then tried to start -- didnt power up

    I talked with HP tech support. Worthless.
    They suggested all the items I tried, then offered to upgrade me to a more
    expensive camera. Lemme guess... they operate on commission???!!!

    I'm wondering what I should try next?

    Is there a CMOS battery inside the camera that I can economically change
    out?

    Or, should I be asking.... "what would HP be doing to this unit if **THEY**
    were refurbishing it?

    Thanks for your suggestions.
    Please respond to:

    or

    Thanks,
    --b

    bob benedetti, Jan 30, 2006

  2. bob benedetti

    CSM1 Guest

    "bob benedetti" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I need your help... My HP photosmart 430 was not dropped or damaged... but
    > the lens door (powers it on) was open for about 2 days straight....and the
    > camera ran until it was completely dead.
    >
    > I've done the following:
    > - put in 'known good' (brand new!) Duracell batteries, then tried to
    > start -- didnt power up
    > - removed smart card, then 'known good' (brand new!) Duracell batteries,
    > then tried to start -- didnt power up
    > - tried a/c adapter, then tried to start -- didnt power up
    >
    > I talked with HP tech support. Worthless.
    > They suggested all the items I tried, then offered to upgrade me to a more
    > expensive camera. Lemme guess... they operate on commission???!!!
    >
    > I'm wondering what I should try next?
    >
    > Is there a CMOS battery inside the camera that I can economically change
    > out?
    >
    > Or, should I be asking.... "what would HP be doing to this unit if
    > **THEY** were refurbishing it?
    >
    > Thanks for your suggestions.
    > Please respond to:
    >
    > or
    >

    > Thanks,
    > --b

    I am not saying this will work, but try this:

    Close the lens door (if you can), remove the batteries and the memory card.
    Let the camera sit for 24 hours.

    Put back the memory card and install fresh new batteries.
    Try turning the camera on.

    If you get any response, go to the setup menu and choose the factory reset.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Jan 30, 2006