    worse when I have the printer on. Everything just seems to load up slower.
    :-(

    Kol
    Kolin Tregaskes, Jul 17, 2006

  2. No, my PSC is working perfectly, and has done so ever since I learned about
    the pre-beta drivers. But I was under the impression that the Photosmart
    line wasn't supported? Having this effect on your system - does it print to
    your satisfaction?

    Tony. . .

    "Kolin Tregaskes" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is anyone else using the above printer/all-in-one? I've instead the beta
    > drivers from HP (and yes I appreciate they won't be the best drivers in

    the

    Tony Sperling, Jul 17, 2006

  3. I went through the HP pages, looking up my printer and it says these drivers
    are for the photosmart 2610 for x64. It certainly prints fine though I've
    not tried anything flashy yet.

    Hmmm... maybe there is a compatibility problem elsewhere as I also cannot
    get Nokia PC Suite to work on the x64 machine, though I've been told it
    should.

    Kol

    Kolin Tregaskes, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Well, as I remember from the pre-Beta days, the installer was a bit
    'involved'. If that hasn't changed, anyone could easily mess up something in
    the process - since it prints, that probably is not an issue.

    Still, in your situation, I would probably un-install everything and start
    from scratch, I recommend you to scrutinize the readme's and whatnot, one
    thing that threw me on the first attempt, was that the printer should not be
    turned On from the beginning, the installer tells you when to turn it on.
    One other thing was that the HP Installer calles up the Windows Installer
    right in the middle of something that seemed important, I was tempted to
    kill this instance and continue with the HP Installer - this was wrong,
    finnish the Windows part and then continue.

    Of course, as I said, this was the pre-Beta driver. That may all have
    changed, but take care!

    Tony Sperling, Jul 19, 2006
  5. Thanks, Tony, I'll give this a go.

    Kolin Tregaskes, Jul 20, 2006