    Copying/Pasting: Text within a document, between documents, files
    between folders, etc.

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 6, 2011

  2. Re: HP Pavillion w/Vista SP2 - Copy(Ctrl+C) and Paste(Ctrl+V) Intermittent At Best!

    "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message
    > My subject says it all.
    >
    > Copying/Pasting: Text within a document, between documents, files
    > between folders, etc.
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    Try a new key combination, CTRL+INSERT to Copy, and SHIFT+INSERT to Paste.

    If this works, then my guess is that you have issues with your keyboard.

    Also, I assume you can select and Right Click to copy, then Right Click
    again to paste...

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 6, 2011

  3. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Nov 6, 6:25 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > > My subject says it all.

    > > Copying/Pasting: Text within a document, between documents, files
    > > between folders, etc.

    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > Try a new key combination, CTRL+INSERT to Copy, and SHIFT+INSERT to Paste..
    >
    > If this works, then my guess is that you have issues with your keyboard.
    >
    > Also, I assume you can select and Right Click to copy, then Right Click
    > again to paste...

    __________
    Even that way, still intermittent. It either doesnt paste, because
    when i check under the Edit menu "paste" is grayed out - iow nothing
    in clipboard to paste ~ orrrr ~ it pastes the previous item I copied &
    pasted to wherever it needed to be. Frustrating!

    ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 7, 2011
  4. Re: HP Pavillion w/Vista SP2 - Copy(Ctrl+C) and Paste(Ctrl+V) Intermittent At Best!

    __________
    Even that way, still intermittent. It either doesnt paste, because
    when i check under the Edit menu "paste" is grayed out - iow nothing
    in clipboard to paste ~ orrrr ~ it pastes the previous item I copied &
    pasted to wherever it needed to be. Frustrating!

    ChrisCoaster

    If Paste is grayed out, then the Copy failed.

    Your problem isn't pasting, it is copying.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 7, 2011
  5. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Nov 6, 8:09 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > On Nov 6, 6:25 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > > > My subject says it all.

    > > > Copying/Pasting: Text within a document, between documents, files
    > > > between folders, etc.

    > > > -ChrisCoaster

    > > Try a new key combination, CTRL+INSERT to Copy, and SHIFT+INSERT to Paste.

    > > If this works, then my guess is that you have issues with your keyboard..

    > > Also, I assume you can select and Right Click to copy, then Right Click
    > > again to paste...

    > __________
    > Even that way, still intermittent.  It either doesnt paste, because
    > when i check under the Edit menu "paste" is grayed out - iow nothing
    > in clipboard to paste ~ orrrr ~ it pastes the previous item I copied &
    > pasted to wherever it needed to be. Frustrating!
    >
    > ChrisCoaster
    >
    > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    > If Paste is grayed out, then the Copy failed.
    >
    > Your problem isn't pasting, it is copying.- Hide quoted text -

    ________________
    I didn't know about that other combination, I'll have to try it out.
    But I'm doing Ctrl+ C C C C C !!! C!!!!, and then Ctrl+v v V! V!! V!!!
    and then finally it pastes, and then "Do you want to replace" prompts.

    This has been happening long before my hard drive incident you
    probably read about in my other post. I don't know if its because I'm
    not holding a key down long or hard enough, but it happens even if I
    go through the Edit menu and click on Copy and Paste. The Paste
    option is intermittently grayed out.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 7, 2011
  6. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Nov 6, 6:25 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > > My subject says it all.

    > > Copying/Pasting: Text within a document, between documents, files
    > > between folders, etc.

    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > Try a new key combination, CTRL+INSERT to Copy, and SHIFT+INSERT to Paste..
    >
    > If this works, then my guess is that you have issues with your keyboard.
    >
    > Also, I assume you can select and Right Click to copy, then Right Click
    > again to paste...

    ___________________
    Yes I can. The problem rears it's head with both right-clicking and
    the keyboard annnd the Edit menu at the top left of the screen.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 7, 2011
  7. ChrisCoaster

    Kele Guest

    Re: HP Pavillion w/Vista SP2 - Copy(Ctrl+C) and Paste(Ctrl+V) Intermittent At Best!

    I had similar weirdness on a Dell Win7 laptop.

    From my private reserve of saved tricks, the following worked:

    >> Go to DOS command prompt (cmd.exe) as an Administrator if you have that
    >> option. At the blinking prompt, type "SFC ScanNow" without the quotes.
    >> It's scanning! It tells you when it's done and it worked! The folder was
    >> back and the PC is running good. That was a Windows 7 PC and I did it on
    >> an XP too - just for fun. On the XP, after typing sc scannow, there are
    >> four choices; type sfc/scannow or pick one of the other options. On the
    >> XP it called for my Windows disc to recover missing dlls.

    I figure something I installed/uninstalled/registry editored corrupted
    something.

    Kele, Nov 7, 2011