    XP Home SP1 OEM disc to do a repair install instead?

    Thanks for the help

    -Ben
    Bonzi, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Bonzi

    vbMark Guest

    "Bonzi" <> wrote in news:1142531555.284603.221370
    @j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

    > Hey there,
    >
    > I'm attempting to repair a HP Pavilion 521n with XP Home SP2 and the
    > recovery partition seems to be corruted. I've run a HD fitness test,
    > the HD seems is fine, just some degredation after 4 years of not
    > touching this partition. In leu of the recovery partition, can I use a
    > XP Home SP1 OEM disc to do a repair install instead?
    >
    > Thanks for the help
    >
    > -Ben

    It won't hurt if you do. Just remember that you will need to reinstall SP2
    and all service packs again.

    --
    Get rated at http://ratemysite.thoughtbattle.com
    Get freeware at http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Mar 16, 2006

  3. Bonzi

    Bonzi Guest

    Good to know. I was just a little bit concerned that the product key
    wouldn't match up. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

    -Ben
    Bonzi, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Bonzi

    chuckie® Guest

    You could try to contact HP and see if they would be kind enough to send you
    the Recovery CD. I know that's too many adjectives in reference to HP, but
    you could try. They do, I think, charge for the CD(s), but they are
    available...luck...

    chuckie®, Mar 17, 2006