HP Pavilion zd7260us w/Broadcom WLAN--Configuring?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Stranger, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. Stranger

    Stranger Guest

    I have the laptop as described in the subject. It has a Broadcom 54g
    MaxPerformance 802.11g wireless LAN card. I need to know the values
    (and the effects of their settings) for the options in the Advanced
    Properties.

    When I do: Start > Connect to > Show All Connections > Wireless
    Connections > (Right click for) Properties and the "Connect Using" box
    shows "Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g", then I click the
    "Configure" button, and click the "Advanced" tab in that window, I am
    presented with a some 15 options, including Antenna Diversity, IBSS 54g
    Mode, IBSS Channel Number, etc. Each option displays its setting in the
    "Value" box, which has a drop-down arrow for selecting various values.
    I would like to have a listing of those options, the various values, and
    how they affect the LAN operation.

    Some options are obvious, such as IBSS Channel Number; others are not so
    obvious. I have been to the Broadcom web site--nothing there, and they
    prefer not to deal with end users, only manufacturers. I've also sent
    mail to HP support, and they have only sent me a list of definitions so
    far. There is NOTHING in the documentation supplied with the laptop, or
    on the HP web site with this kind of info. AND, nothing in either HP or
    Windows help.

    SURELY somewhere this stuff is documented. Else, why have the options?
    And, I know: Don't call you Surely!!!

    Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

    Stranger
    Stranger, Nov 10, 2004