    I have the option of creating a new partition and then possibly
    partitioning that new one also...

    Question is, what size should I make the new one ??? Thanks in advance...D

    Westlaker, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Westlaker

    °Mike° Guest

    How long is a piece of string?
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:55:36 GMT, in
    <YFHhb.64550$pl3.49536@pd7tw3no>
    Westlaker scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Westlaker

    Westlaker Guest

    I guess what I'm asking here is, what would be the ideal size of a
    second partition, in this situation...

    Westlaker, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Westlaker

    philo Guest

    "Westlaker" <> wrote in message
    > Have just got a new HP Pavilion with a 120gb harddrive, one partition ...
    > I have the option of creating a new partition and then possibly
    > partitioning that new one also...
    >
    > Question is, what size should I make the new one ??? Thanks in

    advance...D

    if your current partition takes up the entire 120 gig drive...
    then you don't , in fact, have the option to create a second partition...
    unless you use a 3rd party utility to "shrink" your current partition...

    OTOH if you presently do not have the drive partitioned in such a way as to
    use the entire 120 gigs...i suggest you set up a logical drive on the amount
    of space remaining

    philo, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Westlaker

    °Mike° Guest

    That's my point. In *what* situation. You have given no
    specific details. All you have said is that you have a new
    drive with one partition - that's it.

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:27:50 GMT, in
    <GpNhb.65319$9l5.46811@pd7tw2no>
    Westlaker scrawled: