    and it says you must be logged on as Admin to install drivers. I am logged
    in as Admin with full rights. Get error 9999 driver not installed, log in as
    admin. Any ideas? Tried safe mode too. TIA Alan

    Alan, Jun 15, 2006

  2. Alan

    bmoag Guest

    Why would you want to replace the media center OS with XP pro?
    If you still have the HP restore discs I would strongly recommend you
    reinstall the media center OS.
    This is not a computer that one would rationally want to use as a server or
    to control a network more complex than the usual peer to peer, hence: why
    the f* do you want to install XP pro on it? Apart from networking controls
    that are useless to most people XP pro offers nothing that other versions of
    XP have and you lose the media center features, presumably the reason to buy
    the HP box to begin with.
    Anyway, if you installed XP pro correctly you should not get this error
    message, which is the answer to your query.

    bmoag, Jun 15, 2006

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Does unbranded mean anything to you? Get the system for 1/3 of the price.
    Now just have to work around a bit. Alan

    Alan, Jun 18, 2006