    DOS so it's not Windows hibernate and the BIOS does not list a DOS
    hibernate function. Any clue on what might be causing it?

    Thanks

    NC-Ghost, Jul 8, 2004

  2. NC-Ghost

    Paul - xxx Guest

    NC-Ghost typed:
    > Trying to create a Ghost 2003 image for my HP Pavilian laptop. After
    > about 5 minutes and about 1.5 gig transfered across the network the
    > laptop powers down when using a network share for storage. It's in
    > DOS so it's not Windows hibernate and the BIOS does not list a DOS
    > hibernate function. Any clue on what might be causing it?
    >
    > Thanks

    The image transfer may be in DOS, but if the laptop is running in Windows
    anyway, it might still be hibernating, or powering down.

    I'd start the laptop, run the ghosting software, but leave the mouse with
    the start menu open, which _should_ inhibit thibernation.

    Or, just move the mouse occasionally ... ;)

    Course, I may be well wrong ...

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Jul 8, 2004

  3. NC-Ghost

    Unk Guest

    On 8 Jul 2004 10:09:50 -0700, (NC-Ghost) wrote:

    >Trying to create a Ghost 2003 image for my HP Pavilian laptop. After
    >about 5 minutes and about 1.5 gig transfered across the network the
    >laptop powers down when using a network share for storage. It's in
    >DOS so it's not Windows hibernate and the BIOS does not list a DOS
    >hibernate function. Any clue on what might be causing it?
    >
    >Thanks

    It sounds like it senses a low battery and initiates a shutdown.
    Check the BIOS for a low battery options.

    Unk, Jul 8, 2004