    sound card etc?
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlnaHR5amluam8=?=, Aug 11, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWlnaHR5amluam8=?=

    Theo Guest

    Re: HP Pavilion Laptop dv5120eu Sound drivers missing NO Sound onLapt

    HP is the source for the audio drivers.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=lt&dlc=lt&product=1847322&lang=lt&

    There doesn't seem to be any audio drivers for Vista x64
    posted, so you need to contact HP Tech Support and ask them
    about the drivers.

    Theo, Aug 11, 2007

  3. Also, since it's a notebook, the sound is probably on the motherboard and if
    so you can see it listed in the BIOS setup. They are mostly of a generic
    nature. If HP isn't supporting the chip, you may find it from other sources.

    An alternative is to find a PCMCIA card that can substitute your on-board
    chip - which you then need to disable in the BIOS. (I think the X-FI series
    now comes as a PC-Card solution)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 11, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWlnaHR5amluam8=?=