  1. I have an officejet v40 and it keeps saying "open door clear carriage"
    there is no visible jam and HP support was no help they said it was a
    mechanical prob. any advice would be appreciated
    michael branchfield, Apr 18, 2006

  2. michael branchfield

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:12:29 GMT, "michael branchfield"
    <> wrote:

    >I have an officejet v40 and it keeps saying "open door clear carriage"
    >there is no visible jam and HP support was no help they said it was a
    >mechanical prob. any advice would be appreciated

    Did HP have you do troubleshooting, or did you just say "Hi, my
    printer says open door clear carriage" and HP said "Oh. That's a
    mechanical problem."
    Evan Platt, Apr 18, 2006

  3. they walked me through the trouble shooting and still nothing happened thats
    when the gentleman said that it was a mechanical prob. i recently googled
    the prob and apparently its extremely common but couldnt find a solution

    michael branchfield, Apr 18, 2006
  4. michael branchfield

    Dan Evans Guest

    "michael branchfield" <> wrote in message
    > they walked me through the trouble shooting and still nothing happened
    > thats when the gentleman said that it was a mechanical prob. i recently
    > googled the prob and apparently its extremely common but couldnt find a
    > solution

    That's HP for you, and why I've stopped stocking/supplying them.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 19, 2006