    --
    Thank All we seriously try to help!

    AZ Brian
    =?Utf-8?B?QVogQnJpYW4=?=, Jul 3, 2005

  2. HP is the best place to get the workaround since its their software,
    obviously they didn't know that you are running Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 3, 2005

  3. Please see:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00365046&lang=en&cc=us
    on the HP site. It clearly states that there are no drivers for your
    printer for x64.

    There is a link for Windows XP x64 on every printer page I have looked at on
    the HP site. Some say which driver to use, some give workarounds, some
    inform you that the driver is on the x64 cd and should install
    automatically, and some just inform you that your printer is not supported.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Poor guy. Bug HP.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 3, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QVogQnJpYW4=?=

    Rick Guest

    Why don't people check with the manufacturer for drivers? After reading
    this asinine gripe about no driver, I went to the HP site, entered
    "d145" in the search, and guess what resulted? A link to a driver for
    Windows x64!!!

    This means that a lot of people are too frickin' lazy to do any research
    on their own! All they want to do is cry, and piss and moan, about lack
    of support when they haven't even tried to help them selves!

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...prodTypeId=18972&pnameOID=64993&swEnvOID=2030

    The software was released on May 5, 2005. So, obviously you NEVER tried
    to find a driver!!

    Rick, Jul 4, 2005
  6. Because when the use to use Windows XP 32 bit, the didn't have to bug the
    manufacturer, drivers for existing printers were supported out of the box.
    Those same users are expecting the same experience with x64, but they are in
    for a big surprise.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
    Steve Thompson, Jul 4, 2005
  8. The most suitable suggestion or workaround in this case would be to to a
    dual boot with both XP 32 bit, if you desparately need to run the HP
    Director software.
    --

    "Steve Thompson" <> wrote in message
    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
    Steve Thompson, Jul 4, 2005
  10. try these drivers:
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=401

    i use photoshop to scan. it works alot better than the hp software. do you
    have that or any other graphics package? there is usually an option to import
    under 'File'

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jul 4, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?QVogQnJpYW4=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Are you saying that you have a scanner working under x64. Haven't seen that
    anywhere else and would be nice if you posted the model etc. Only postings
    I have seen so far are for Microtek and then decorating the inf yourself.

    John Barnes, Jul 4, 2005
  12. Yeah, that would definitely be a miracle zxnos, if you really got a scanner
    working under x64.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
  13. yes, that is what i am saying.
    i installed the above posted (by me) drivers for my hp officejet 6110
    copy/scan/fax.
    directly connect scanner via usb
    opened up adobe photoshop cs.
    -->file-->import-->officejet 6110.
    scan away.

    ca also print over my print server to my 6110 and 1215. just need the ALPS
    touchpad drivers for the notebook and i am 100%
    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jul 5, 2005
  14. This is for Rick...Yes there is a driver on HP site and I downloaded it - it
    is a general driver and not specifically for the D145. It allows me to PRINT
    as my original message stated. But if you knew how to read, the question was
    not about printing, it was about scanning. To Scan with HP D series
    multi-function printers you need HP Director. AND HP Director is not
    available for XP64.
    --
    Thank All who seriously try to help!

    AZ Brian