    Can anyone recommend an all-in-one (print, copy, scan, fax) that has
    performed well under Vista 64 bit?

    Thanks!
    helpherb, Dec 12, 2007

  2. My HP PSC 2355 is an absolute wonder of stability and quality on XP x64 - no
    reason to think it's not the same on Vista.

    It's true, though, we've heard of innumerable problems from various 'Jet's
    and Photosmarts.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 13, 2007

  3. I long ago made a decision that a _printer_ was an essential business tool
    that shouldn't be combined with other business tools. I buy only printers
    that:

    1.) Have a built in NIC
    2.) Have full PCL5 or later support
    3.) Have full PostScript support
    4.) Have at least 64 Mb of memory (or can be upgraded to that.)
    5.) Have reasonable consumables costs (ie, laser printer, not inkjet)

    This means no "host based printing" (#2 and #3 cover this). This means no
    worries about USB support. I give the thing an IP address and don't think
    about it again.

    Scanner, fax, whatever - that's one or more separate business tools. And
    there I look for simple, supported, and disposable. I don't plan on them
    surviving the next round of OS upgrades, and don't care. If necessary, I'll
    stick them on an old machine that does nothing else but drive them.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 13, 2007
  4. I don't recommend printers but the HP driver developer based here at
    Microsoft gave me the fixed GPD for several of their printers including the
    7310

    Contact me directly and at least you can save a tree

    do not reply to this mail

    alanmo
    microsoft.com

    --