    HP's outsourced help desk was naturally totally unhelpful.

    Any ideas what the problem is and how I can fix it?

    Thanks, KingBax
    KingBax, Mar 30, 2005

  2. KingBax

    MrGrumpy Guest

    I'm assuming this has never worked / is a new HP installation
    Have you tried the HP site for support?
    You have checked your pc sys manu web site for mobo updates, eg
    bios/drivers, video driver updates
    You will likely have to ensure HP driver installations have been properly
    removed. - see HP support site
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lc=en&product=421991&lang=en&cc=uk&rule=18220
    Did you follow installation procedure exactly, v.often usb devices require
    that you install software prior to you connecting the hardware.

    MrGrumpy, Mar 30, 2005

  3. KingBax

    Guest

    If this printer is to be used on USB, try this:

    Uninstall everything to do with the printer, and then re-start the
    computer.

    When re-installing, do not connect the printer first. Install the
    contents from the printer's CD disk.

    Shut down the computer after the installation. Plug the printer in to
    the USB connector. Now, restart the computer.

    When starting up, you should get the indication that there is new
    hardware found. Follow the instructions from the Install Wizard.

    If it still does not work properly, re-post again, and maybe some more
    ideas will come up.

    In the mean time, if that does not work, keep after HP for an answer,
    if possible.

    Jerry G.
    ======
    , Mar 30, 2005

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=
    421991&lang=en&cc=uk&rule=18220
    > Did you follow installation procedure exactly, v.often usb devices
    > require that you install software prior to you connecting the
    > hardware.

    See that bit of text of the OP's that has been left unsnipped, shit for
    fucking brains? You do? Well, maybe you should ask the OP if you should
    assume he really means XP Pro RC2, eh, you fucking nincompoop.
    Furig the stoat-embosser, Mar 30, 2005
  6. KingBax

    MrGrumpy Guest

    You had something to offer, other than inane comments?

    "Furig the stoat-embosser"
    <>

    MrGrumpy, Mar 30, 2005
  7. MrGrumpy, <> wrote:

    > You had something to offer, other than inane comments?

    What is inane about checking if he really means RC2, you stupid,
    top-posting, fuckwit pillock? Do you even know what RC2 is, you
    techno-retard?

    Gidash the dissatisfied, Mar 30, 2005
  8. KingBax

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Sad life you lead

    "Gidash the dissatisfied" <>
    wrote in message
    > MrGrumpy, <> wrote:
    >
    > > You had something to offer, other than inane comments?

    > What is inane about checking if he really means RC2, you stupid,
    > top-posting, fuckwit pillock? Do you even know what RC2 is, you
    > techno-retard?
    >
    > > "Furig the stoat-embosser"

    <>

    MrGrumpy, Mar 30, 2005
  9. MrGrumpy, <> wrote:

    > Sad life you lead

    Your tacit admission to totally fucking up is noted.

    >>> I am using XP Pro RC2

    >> I'm assuming this has never worked

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

    Quik the pimple-proselytiser, Mar 30, 2005
  10. KingBax

    MrGrumpy Guest

    your so easy

    "Quik the pimple-proselytiser"
    <> wrote in message
    > MrGrumpy, <> wrote:
    >

    > > Sad life you lead

    > Your tacit admission to totally fucking up is noted.

    > >> I'm assuming this has never worked

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
    >
    > > "Gidash the dissatisfied"
    > > <> wrote in message

    > >> What is inane about checking if he really means RC2, you stupid,
    > >> top-posting, fuckwit pillock? Do you even know what RC2 is, you
    > >> techno-retard?

    <>

    MrGrumpy, Mar 31, 2005
  11. MrGrumpy, <> wrote:

    > your so easy

    You're so fucking lame.

    *plonk*

    > "Quik the pimple-proselytiser"

    Midish the floosie-outrunner, Mar 31, 2005
  12. KingBax

    HeeroYuy Guest

    "MrGrumpy" <> wrote in message
    > You had something to offer, other than inane comments?

    How about this: Officejet 6210 drivers weren't made for a Release Candidate
    (BETA) version of Windows XP. If you tried, well, GET A RETAIL VERSION OF
    XP!!! Only THEN if it doesn't work you contact HP.

    HeeroYuy, Apr 3, 2005