    Does anyone here have any experience on them ?
    Are they reliable etc.
    Thanks
    Lonnie Reynolds, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Lonnie Reynolds

    Old Gringo Guest

    Lonnie Reynolds wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am thinking about buying a HP1160n Media Center Desktop.
    > Does anyone here have any experience on them ?
    > Are they reliable etc.
    > Thanks

    HP, the chosen OS for the Russian space station Mir.
    They are now partnered with Compaq. Quality from one end to the other.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Lonnie Reynolds

    WormWood Guest

    "Old Gringo" wrote:
    | Lonnie Reynolds wrote:
    | > Hi,
    | > I am thinking about buying a HP1160n Media Center Desktop.
    | > Does anyone here have any experience on them ?
    | > Are they reliable etc.
    | > Thanks
    | >

    | HP, the chosen OS for the Russian space station Mir.
    | They are now partnered with Compaq. Quality from one end to the other.

    I wonder what they pay their electronics Czar.

    WormWood, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Old Gringo wrote:
    > Lonnie Reynolds wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I am thinking about buying a HP1160n Media Center Desktop.
    >> Does anyone here have any experience on them ?
    >> Are they reliable etc.
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > HP, the chosen OS for the Russian space station Mir.
    > They are now partnered with Compaq. Quality from one end to the other.

    Are you fucking mad? HP as far as home pcs go are crap. Go to a computer
    shop and price out a system with the same components. If it costs you a
    little more, its worth it. Chances are you will get better quality parts.
    Batman or Superman, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Lonnie Reynolds

    Old Gringo Guest

    Batman or Superman wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> Lonnie Reynolds wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I am thinking about buying a HP1160n Media Center Desktop.
    >>> Does anyone here have any experience on them ?
    >>> Are they reliable etc.
    >>> Thanks

    > Are you fucking mad? HP as far as home pcs go are crap. Go to a computer
    > shop and price out a system with the same components. If it costs you a
    > little more, its worth it. Chances are you will get better quality parts.

    I do believe HP has a few lemons like any of the rest, but they save
    them to sell to Rogers Cable customers. :)

    Old Gringo, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Lonnie Reynolds

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    | Batman or Superman wrote:
    | > Old Gringo wrote:

    | > Are you fucking mad? HP as far as home pcs go are crap. Go to a computer
    | > shop and price out a system with the same components. If it costs you a
    | > little more, its worth it. Chances are you will get better quality
    parts.
    | I do believe HP has a few lemons like any of the rest, but they save
    | them to sell to Rogers Cable customers. :)

    Heh heh heh...

    I concur - the hardware is at least as good as any other major name brand. I
    use Dell at work, but usually recommend HP or Compaq for people who prefer
    to buy "local".

    I have an HP a450n. It is P4 3.0GHz hyperthreaded with DVD writer, 1gig RAM,
    yada yada yada. It's not a Media Center PC, but I added a TV capture card.
    This system has been most excellent, and it's a (get this...) REFURB! Yep.
    Someone returned it to HP who re-certified it, and sold it cheap. I have a
    theory about refurbs...have you seen some of the posts here where the user
    has been encouraged to "Pack that thing back in the box and return it to the
    store you bought it from 'cause you're too stupid to own a computer"? Well,
    *that's* where most of these refurbished systems come from <grin>!!
    Toolman Tim, Nov 17, 2004